Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Dinky!


Tee-hee!! That's what I call my daughter. Her birthday is tomorrow and so I've made her THREE cards. Yup, that's right, THREE!! Uh-huh, she has me wrapped around her finger alright! She and I are going shopping tomorrow on her birthday, so I made this card to give her before we leave. The inside reads: Spending a day with you, is a SWEET TREAT for me too! Thanks for sharing your day with me! Happy Birthday Dinky!

I think the image is just perfect with the shopping bags and all. I think she'll love it!

Ok, so I started by stamping my image "Sweetybellas" from Stamping Bella onto some Bella's Bestest Paper, colored them with my Copics and sponged some ink around the edges. The DP is from Imaginisce and the green is actually the reverse side of the brown print. I matted the image with some PTI Dark Chocolate and zig zag stitched around the edges. I finished with this BIG green button tied with twine and added the sentiment at an angle across the bottom.

Okee dokee, that's it from the hen house today. Be sure to stop back in tomorrow for That's Krafty Thursday #38. This is a challenge week hens, so get those Kraft cards started. You could be the next "Krafty Chick". I just loveee TKT challenges with da hens!!! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Stamping Bella; DP - Imaginisce; CS - Bella's Bestest Paper, PTI Dark Chocolate; Button; Twine; Copics; Glaze Pen

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow jeanie - the colur sin those papers are just fabulous!
    Happy Birthday to your daughter tomorrow
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Jeanie! What a great colour combo and your sewing is perfect. Have a great day with Dinky tomorrow :-DD xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this. Perfect image for theoccasion. Enjoy your day with Dinky. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the paper!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw!!!! What a lucky girl. Have fun tomorrow, Jeanie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet, Sweet, Sweet - what a great card to give her before your day shopping, have fun tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous Jeanie ! The papers are rich and just fab ! Love the way you have coloured the bench ! Have a lovely day tomorrow with your DD ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. Such a sweet image that fits you both. Wish her a happy birthday from me. I know you will have a wonderful day together. Love those days like that. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaah look at the two of you with your bags of shopping! Hope you have not spent all your money, lol! Great card, perfect image for the occassion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That paper is perfect to frame your perfect coloring!! What a fantastic card to start off your shopping with your daughter! FUN, fun, FUN!! She's going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a great shopping day! I just love this card. The image is perfect because it looks like us! Love it!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This really was perfect! It does look like both of you (well back in the day of your curls)! I LOVE the paper and of course the zig zag. Your coloring is superb.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!