Saturday, April 9, 2011

Now where'd I hide that darn egg???


Bwah-ha-ha-ha!! OMG, that's SO ME!! I have to count them before I hide them or I'll forget one for sure! I LOVE hidin' eggs too! None of that easy "out in the open" stuff if Aunt Jeanie's hiding eggs. Ok I admit, I do give my little niece a "hotter or colder" hint, but that's it. Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net Yeah, I'm a pushover for that cute face....

Today is the beginning of another Catch the Bug challenge. This week's challenge is 4+ layers! Can't get no easier than that for this hen! Ya'll know I LOVEEE layers. So whatcha think of Gus in his Easter Bunny suit? ROFL!! OMG, what a hoot! This is Gus - Hiding Eggs from Bugaboo Stamps. I printed Gus out onto some Neenah Classic Crest CS and colored him with my Primsacolor pencils and Copics. You can play along in this week's challenge too. Just head over to the Catch the Bug blog and get all the details....

I'm also following the recipe in this week's Catered Crop FTR #9 challenge.


Here's the recipe:
  • Pattern Paper – stripes, plaids and polka dots
  • Colors – kraft, red, green, blue, and yellow
  • Stamps – alphabets and stars
  • Color Mediums – stamping ink
  • Embellishments – bling, buttons, ribbon
  • Tools – sewing machine, distressing tools
  • Techniques – sewing, distressing, try threading your buttons with ribbons, ruffled paper/ribbon
  • Theme – Boys! and Alligators?!
  • Shapes – stars, circles, scallops, and swirls
It's super easy to play along in this challenge too. Just use any of the ingredients listed above. I've highlighted those that I've used in my Gus card. For all the challenge details, just click on the Catered Crop FTR button above.

Ok hens, that's it for me today. I'm headed out in the boat today with the DH! Now where'd I put that darn sunscreen...... {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Digital Image - Bugaboo Stamps; CS - SU Early Expresso, Neenah Classic Crest; DP - Heidi Grace; Brad; Crocheted Lace; Copics; Prismacolor Pencils; Border Punch - Martha Stewart; Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Stickles; Glossy Accents

21 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card Jeanie ! Love the DP as always ! Hugs and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, Jeanie--with gorgeous DP! Gus looks very good in hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card. Great job coloring and love the DP. That is the way I feel, can't always remember where we hide the eggs. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Counting them doesn't always mean you'll still find them all! LOL We hid REAL eggs in my uncle's basement years ago... he found the one we couldn't find MONTHS later!

    CUTE card, Jeanie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this digi! Totally adorable! Isn't Stella just the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee, How fun is that??? :) Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Gus is great! My mom asked me to make her some Easter cards for her siblings, this image is cute. heading over to bugaboo now. TFS I am now a follower of your great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Eastery colors. I want a sparkly egg - and Gus to hide them for me!! Love that grass. We have never been unable to find the eggs, but there have been some I had to give the hot and cold hints for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeanie, so cute and SO TRUE! Love the patterned papers you used here. The expression on Gus' face is just priceless, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LMAO!!I think there are quite a few of us like that.Great card hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suepr duper card, Jeanie! I love the layout and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OhMy I am Loving Gus in his PINK bunny suit, TOO CUTE !

    ReplyDelete
  13. There you go picking on us oldies again. At least you think we're fun.
    Cute card. Thanks for making me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot believe Gus put on an Easter Bunny suit, will wonders never cease!! This is too funny!! Great job, Jeanie - YOU are too funny and oh so creative! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! What a riot! Love him! Dontcha just love finding them eggs in July?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gotta love Gus! Love all the details on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, just FABULOUS Jeanie (as usual!) =) We always lose at least ONE egg every year for a bit (until it gets stinky and then we find it!) =)
    Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  18. fabulous coloring! awesome papers! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. R.O.F.L. How stinkin' cute is Gus in this outfit??? OMG I JUST LOVE THIS CARD!!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!