Monday, May 9, 2011

Just call me "Trailer Trash!"


Tee-hee!! OMG, isn't this a hoot? A co-worker of mine wanted a card for his sister who LOVES to go camping. He told me that when she and her husband go, it's like a HUGE party with the other folks in the campground! He says, they ride from campsite to campsite on their golfcart, and stop in, visit a spell and have a beer, or two, or three..... you get the picture! So as I'm listening to him tell me this with total AMAZEMENT in his voice, I'm thinking, "yeah, so what? Ain't that what everybody does?" ROFL! Seriously, if you've never camped in a campground, you haven't LIVED! Now that's the life.... laid back and EASY livin'! Oh well, just call me "TRAILER TRASH!" LOL!!!

Ok, so here's how I made this little cutie. I started with an older set from Whipper Snapper called, "Great Outdoors". I stamped the travel trailer in the foreground first and then masked it for the second trailer behind it. Then I masked both and stamped the trees in the background. I colored the scene with my Copics and used some DP from the October Afternoon Campfire collection as the backdrop. I thought it came together well and he LOVED it when I gave it to him. He said it was exactly what he wanted. Yay! I do LOVE it when I get it right and can make a card to truly FIT a person. Okee dokee, that's it from the hen house today. Oh, and don't forget to pop in today over at Stamping Bella. Emily has a SURPRISE release today! Woot-woot!! Be sure to check it out.... I just bet I'm gonna be starting a new WISH list of "must haves!" Shhhhhh, don't tell!! Have a MAH-VELOUS Monday! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Whipper Snapper; CS - Neenah Classic Crest, SU Early Expresso; DP - October Afternoon Campfire; Copics; Baker's Twine; Twine

22 comments:

  1. stunning card i lovethe cute image!!!!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be right there too!!!!! ROFL! So funny and so beautiful! Great job with all the masking! And as always the DP is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Funny. Love those Oct. Aft. Papers. Have a wonderful week, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are campers -so i absolutely love that image .. just fab!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Such an awesome card! Love the camping scene...it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HILARIOUS!! LOVE this image and your card is perfect "as usual" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card Jeanie!!!
    Love the adorable scenery and DP!
    {{hugs}}
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too cute, Chicken! LOVE that sweet little scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Cutest card ever, Jeanie!! Love how you made your own scene and added those speech bubbles! What a riot! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THIS!!! I love humorous scrapping so I'm glad to see this! Thanks for sharing....now I'm off to that there whipper snapper website!
    dsc105@live.com
    bugjuiced.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just bought a camper and I learning all the ins and outs of the camping world! I will have to get this stamp! Love the card...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ROFL...love your card Trailer Trash, I mean Jeanie!!! You always seem to have the perfect pp to go with your images...flabulous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg you are HYSTERICAL! Yoru card though is really gorgeous- a beautiful scenic countryside if you can get past the double wides, LOL!!! No seriously, your coloring rocks, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it!!! What an awesome, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahah! I LOVE it! What a gorgeous scene you created, perfect!! And I'm a 'trailer-trasher' too! Some of my fondest memories are spending nearly whole summers at the campgrounds! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was looking for the Krafty Chick challenge, but it seems to have fallen off the map - but your card cracked me up, since I just made this layout here:
    http://paperaddictsanonymous.blogspot.com/2011/04/another-fun-layout.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Funny! I love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you used the paper to tie in with the image! And the sentiments are very clever! I'm sure they loved this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun, fun, fun! I love your card, especially the fun twine bow.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!