Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Goo Goo for U!

Mornin' hens! I know, you've probably been wondering where'd that Spotted Chick get off to, huh? Well, the DH and I "flew the coop" and took a little VACATION! Yup, we sure did and boy did we have a blast! We've been "on the go" for the past two weeks but each day had it's scheduled NAP too! Tee-hee! Uh-huh, I'm practicing to be the PERFECT "retiree"! *snort*

Ok, so even during my busy time off, I was thinking about the hens (really - I was!), so I managed to fit in a few hours of crafting too. So here's a little card I made for my Lil' Chick's good friend who is expecting her first baby. Just a congratulations card for her BIG news! This is a set I've had for quite some time now. It's a Kim Hughes set from Cornish Heritage Farms. They're no longer in business but Kim has started her own business now, Paper Smooches. I just LOVE her style and her handwriting is the CUTEST ever! Be sure to stop by and check out her SUPER CUTE sets.

For my card, I stamped the stork onto some Neenah Classic Crest CS and colored it with my Copics. I stitched the image to some SU Basic Black CS and adhered it to this older October Afternoon DP called "Ducks in a Row". I love the soft colors in this pack. The flower embellishment was done using the My Favorite Things rolled rose die-namics. I thought it added such a sweet and soft touch to this card. To finish, I added some glitter to the stork's sack and then added the sentiment with a few of the letters colored in with my Copics. So SOFT & SWEET! Have a GOO GOO GREAT day! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Baby Love by Kim Hughes; CS - SU Basic Black, Neenah Classic Crest White, Yellow, Aqua; DP - October Afternoon Ducks in a Row; Copics; Ribbon and Flower Trim - Offray; Pearl Brad - Spare Parts by Paper Studios; Rosette Die-namics - My Favorite Things; Glitter - Martha Stewart

10 comments:

  1. Oh lalala, I'm so happy to see you back again!!! Missed you! Really!!!
    That is one perfect card for this great news! Beautiful colors and that flower WOOOOOOW!!! Funny image and I like the glitter you put on the sack! Your Lil'Chick's friend will LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun little card to celebrate the good news. :) Lucky you A VACATION! well I am glad to see you back. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. I love that flower trim. A vacation with scheduled naps....sounds like my type of vacation! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WONDERED where you'd got to Jeanie...glad you had a great vacation :-D Love the colours in your card..that flower is just lush and the flower lace down the edge is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back and that you had a great vacation. I'm sure you needed it.
    Your card is just adorable. I love everything about it, especially the rolled rose - you know I love flowers. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bardzo ladna kartka! Jest slodka :)

    Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS card, Jeanie!! The colors are so soft and perfect for this card. Love that MFT rose too, but how the heck do you mail it with that on there? (Was wondering where you were too...glad it was someplace fun...and that you were getting those naps in!!) {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure have missed you! hehe Love your card here, it is super cute! And beautiful coloring as always!

    T4S
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! I love the soft colors and the flower trim.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!