Thursday, May 17, 2012

Orange you sweet!


Mornin' hens!  Isn't this card great?  Man I LOVE those oranges. This is the "Citrus Set" from Purple Onion Designs and man is it fun!  It comes with a ton of sentiments and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this CRAZY font!

This card is part of this week's Catered Crop Recipe Swap challenge.  This week's Featured Ingredient is Rick Rack! Woo-hoo!

I thought this would make a great Thank You card and you know, you can never have too many of those on hand, right?  I started by stamping a polka dot background with some Versamark ink on this Kraft CS.  Then I added this DP from My Minds Eye "Darling Dear" collection to the bottom half.
Next, I rounded the bottom corners with my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper (don't know what I'd do without that thing!) and then added this fun velvet rick rack trim along the top edge of the DP.  I stamped both the slices onto some Neenah Classic Crest CS and colored them with my Copics.  That's another thing that's cool about this set, you can make the slices whatever fruit you like.  I decided on oranges (I'm a Florida girl, what can I say!) and then added some Crystal Effects for that "just sliced" juicy shine!!  I popped up the slices with a few dimensionals and added the sentiment on top, accented with a few brads.  Pretty simple but OH SO SWEET!! Be sure to check out the rest of the Catered Crop DT rick rack projects this Sunday, May 20th for the quick fire round.  {{{hen hugs}}}


Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Purple Onion Designs; CS - SU Kraft; DP - My Minds Eye "Darling Dear"; Copics; Rick Rack - Clear Dollar Stamps; Crystal Effects; Versamark Ink; Brads - Recollections

7 comments:

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!