Monday, September 16, 2013

We're too young to be this OLD!



 LOL!  Ain't that the truth!  Funny thing about getting older, you never think of yourself as OLD!  I'm not sure why that is, but as you look at everyone else and think "they've gotten OLD", somehow you never include yourself in that equation, do you?  Too funny!  Oh well, you're only as old as you feel right?  Uh oh, that makes me about 90 then!!  Hmmph!  Here's a little card I made for my friend Karen. Thank goodness she has a great sense of humor, otherwise I might not have a Thursday lunch buddy.  LOL!  I decided recently I needed to start using stuff in my craft room that has been long neglected and as I was digging, I came across this RETIRED Stampin Up stamp set, called "Golden Oldies".  This little lady just cracks me up, with her cupcake and little party hat.  I stamped her onto some Neenah Classic Crest CS and colored her with my Copics.  Next, using my Perfect Layers tool, I matted her with some SU Really Rust CS and added a few mini brads to each corner.  I added some Crystal Effects to her glasses and tied on some grosgrain ribbon for the finishing touch!  
I hope you hens have a great day!  {{{hen hugs}}}


Supplies: Rubber Stamp - Stampin UP Golden Oldies; Copics: Perfect Layers Tool; CS -- Neenah Classic Crest, SU Really Rust; Border Punch - Stampin Up; Brads - Michaels; Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers; Crystal Effects

DON'T FORGET TO USE DISCOUNT CODE JEANIE5% TO RECEIVE 5% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER AT WWW.PERFECTPAPERCRAFTING.COM

6 comments:

  1. Haha Jeanie!! I see you have quite the collection of old funny ladies... would still be nice to grow it a little more hey.
    Very cute card, I am sure Karen is going to have a good laugh too.
    PS: so right, it is only other people who are old, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!!! Ain't that the truth? You have inspired me to get busy digging in my stash. Use it or send it on.... hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card and image. That sure is the truth!!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess your post isn't up for today's hop, but I love the use of the rulers on your cards, wonderful use of the red and purple, so regal and not ordinary! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!