Monday, April 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Card with Video


Mornin' hens!  I hope you all had a GREAT weekend!  Mine was a bit busy but a lot of fun!  While I was out and about, I noticed this event calendar in the dining area of Chick-fil-A.  It had letters hanging from the top edge of the frame, almost as if they were suspended in air.  Hmmmmm I thought, I can do that!  So as soon I got home, I attempted to duplicate the look on my Silhouette Cameo.  It was super simple to do.  I just typed the word BIRTHDAY in Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold font and then drew a long rectangle above it.  Then I moved the word BIRTHDAY so the top of the letters just did touch the bottom edge of the rectangle. I selected both the word BIRTHDAY and the rectangle and clicked WELD.  Presto!  All one piece!  Then it was as simple as clicking CUT!  The rest of the card came together fairly easy.  Here's a video on how I put it all together and a little Copic coloring too.
 Enjoy!

Watch video below / Watch at YouTube


That's it for me today.  I hope you enjoyed the video and I'll see ya back in the hen house real soon!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Stamps - Clearly Wordsworth, Lawn Fawn; DP - Simple Stories "Summer Fresh"; Copics; Silhouette Cameo; CS - Neenah Classic Crest, Blue, SU Basic Black; Ribbon - Michaels; Dies - Mama Elephant "Femme Frames"; Wink of Stella Glitter Pen; Glossy Accents; Perfect MatPerfect Paper Crafting Mini Layers

Remember to use discount code Jeanie5% when ordering from Perfect Paper Crafting to receive 5% off your order.





3 comments:

  1. Can't afford the Silhouette but think the perfect layers tool is going to the top of my wish list. Thanks for the fun tutorial. Love the HAPPY in floral paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card!!! Love the hanging letters and colours of the papers. Thanks for the video, loved it!! Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!