Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm creative, you can't expect me to be neat too!

LOL!!! This is one of my favorite stamps from the "Crafty Cuppie" set from Taylored Expressions. As I was browsing Taylor's web site drooling at all the SUPER cute cupcake stamps, I saw this one and immediately let out a squeal!! LOVE IT!! This is a birthday card for a friend of mine who just started out scrapbooking, so I know she can totally relate to the neatness comment!


I started by stamping my image onto some Classic Crest CS and colored with my Copics. Since it was a birthday card, I wanted some bright fun colors, so I chose this DP from DCWV's Citrus Stack collection. Lots of yellows. oranges and reds in this collection. Just screams orange juice to me!! He-he! I matted all the patterned paper with blue paper, also from the same collection, and stitched around the edges of each layer. I tied this gingham ribbon around the bottom and adhered the top two panels with dimensionals for a little depth. I stamped the sentiment onto some scrap CS and rounded the corners to finish. Think she'll like it? I do too!
Be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think, k?
{{{hen hugs}}} to all the chicks who leave clucks!! Have a great Wednesday!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Crafty Cuppie from Taylored Expressions; CS - Classic Crest White; DP - DCWV Citrus Stack; Ribbon; Corner Rounder

10 comments:

  1. This card is soooooo cute for a crafter.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT,I could do with those words stamped on my craft room walls!you really are a clever lady I love the fun in your blog.
    love chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I do relate ! I always have a crafting mess about and housework that needs to be done. Who has time? Have a wonderful Wednesday, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card!!! Guess we all can relate to this!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish I had your talent for using copics - my creative style does not include any "coloring", which definitely has its limits. And what a darling card to share with your crafty friends! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable. I can definitely relate to this. Love all the bright colors and that image. TFS
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I need that sentiment on the wall in my craft room, wait a minute maybe every room for my dh to see (tee-hee!)I could stamp it on post-it notes all over the house!! Oh I think I'm a roll here!! Btw: Your card is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cuppie is so cute. I love the colors of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - lots of coloring and shading. I like the shading on cuppie. Great sparkle paper! I like the offset of the yellow paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. all of your cards just amazing each one better than the one before it is such a treat to open them they put on a smiley face linda

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!