Saturday, March 31, 2012

My birthday prezzie!!


Hiya hens!! I don't think I mentioned to you all what the DH and Lil' Chick got me for my birthday!! Well, they bought me a Silhouette Cameo.... Eeeeek! I was SO STINKIN' excited to get this gem, you have no idea. If you've not seen this little puppy in action, take a look over at You Tube for a few tutorials. It's absolutely amazing. I've seen the Cricket in action many times but my only reluctance to buying one, was having to buy those expensive cartridges. Ouch!! So once I saw that the Silhouette Cameo doesn't have any cartridges, and you can print any font you have on your computer, plus thousands of images in their on line store for .99 cents or less, I WAS SOLD!! I could buy just the images I wanted and not be limited to cartridges!! HOT DOG!

Now, I'm not proficient with this thing by no means, but I was pretty darn excited to make this cute little Easter bunny card as one of my first attempts with it. I took this chocolate bunny image, flipped him upright, and welded the ears together to make a card. How COOL is this??? Well, maybe not that great, but pretty good for a newbie huh? And way simple to do! I finished by cutting an "internal offset" of the image in white card stock, for the inside. And then using removable adhesive, I stuck the inside cut out on a full size 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock and ran it through my printer and printed an Easter greeting on it. It worked perfectly!! Oh, and what little bunny would be complete without a pom-pom for a tail?? Tee-hee! Ok, well I hope you hens have a wonderful weekend! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Chocolate Bunny by Lori Whitlock - Silhouette Studio On Line Store; CS - SU Early Expresso, Pink, Neenah Classic Crest White; Pom Pom

13 comments:

  1. Oooooh, what a wonderful birthday gift! I ordered a Cameo from my fav scrapbook store, just waiting for them to call and let me know it's in. Guess we'll be learning the ropes together. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super! You are one lucky duck, I mean hen to receive such a wonderful gift! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thrilled for you. I bought my SC about 2 months ago and love it. I do wish they some more on line tutorials. I hate reading directions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have been a very good girl to get such a FABULOUS gift! Happy Birthday. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you! What a great gift! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a marvelous birthday present! Can't wait to see what fun things you come up with. I've never gotten a Cricket for the same reason, I only like a couple of things per cartridge and they're pricey! So I'll be anxious to hear how you get on with your SC.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all your card is VERY CUTE!!!!! Love the bow and OH Boy that tail is too cute too...!
    I was wondering how these REALLY worked... didn't have anyone that I kind of knew that had one and on all commercials everything looks easy... We're on the same page with the Cricket and the price of the cartridges which most of I would never use or even remember I have.... just SOoooo much on them... Looking forward to seeing how you use your Very Nice Birthday Gift!!!
    Happy Belated Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great present.
    Your bunny card is so cute. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice gift! Now you have something else to take up hours of your time playing with :) Love your bunny! Seems you have it down now. Happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are S.P.O.I.L.E.D.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOVELOVELOVE the "Zero-Calories-Bunny"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...you really can teach an old dog...I mean Chick new tricks lol. Happy happy birthday! What a fab prezzie Jeanie and your bunny card is pretty darn great :-D I've swithered over the Cricut for years and something's ALWAYS held me back. Although you can get a Gypsey to hold all your cartridges that's ANOTHER big expense. Will keep an eye on what you get up to with your SC and maybe put one on my wish list :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous family you have! I hope someone warned you - the silhouette is addictive!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, he looks just like a chocolate bunny. I love his little tail.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!