Monday, June 8, 2015

Happy Father's Day!


Mornin' hens! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!  I sure did!  I spent the weekend making Father's Day cards.  Me looooove spending the weekend "cooped up in the coop!"  LOL! 
This is the DH's Father's Day card.  He loves fishing, almost as much as I love making cards!  


So guess what I found out??  
Well, I've been shying away from using digi images because my past experiences with my both my old inkjet and laser printers made coloring the images too hard.  I mean, I could do it, but I always had to be so careful around the lines so they wouldn't bleed.  VERY time consuming.  And it would never fail, I'd be coloring the face and hit one of the lines with my Copics marker and swooosh - I would get a black smear.  Grrrrrr....  WELL, I found a new website called Digi Stamp Boutique and I fell in love with their images.  I had been debating what images I should use for my Father's Day cards (you know how I struggle with MEN cards!) and they had so many cute ones for Father's Day, so I thought I'd give it a go.  GUESS WHAT?  The ink on my FANTABULOUS printer doesn't bleed!  Not AT ALL!!  I'm serious, I printed the images and colored them within 5 minutes of printing them and not one smear.  I used both Copics and colored pencils with Gamsol.  OMG!! I'm in LOOOOOVE!  Well, I told you hens this was the BESTEST printer EVAH, and now I know it is!  Woot-woot!!  
Ok, so for this image, I added the Happy Father's Day tag to the fishing pole.  I just cut and pasted the tag image onto the main image and resized/rotated it to fit.  That's the wonderful thing about digital images, you can manipulate them any way you want.  Ok, so then I just colored the image with my Copics, and Prismacolor pencils and added some DP and washi tape below.  Next, I drew some doodle lines around the card edge, added some Wink of Stella to the little fishy, and finished with some twine and a button!  Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  I hope you hens have a MAH-VELOUS Monday!
{{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:




4 comments:

  1. Awesome card! Love the tag on the rod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love digi stamps, my collection is HUGE and I do have the same problem with smearing the black lines.:( Needing a new printer I thought YES, I will get one like hers. YIKES! Maybe not. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make such cute cards, I enjoy them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are not getting smeared lines with your new printer and digi images. I have an HP printer and mine never smear (thank goodness). I just love your adorable card. The image is so cute and the little tag on the rod is perfect.
    You have a great week also.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!