Friday, January 14, 2011

Bellarific Fridays are baaaaa-acccck!


Woo-hoo! The Bella Babes and the sistahood are back and ready to show you hens some awe inspiring eye candy!! Today's Bellarific Friday challenge was a sketch provided by our own Bella Babe Kimabella!

Here's my take on Kim's sketch:

I'm lovin' these Little Peeps images from Stamping Bella. This one is called "Little Peep's Heart" and I colored her with my Copics and paper pieced the heart with this fabulous DP from Bo Bunny's - A Gift of Love collection. I just WUV the colors in this collection. I know, I always seem to gravitate to the neutrals and warm tones but I can't help it. That's just ME!! LOL!! Now I suppose I could have chose to complete this layout in the normal fashion by layering the oval on top, but I decided to cut the oval out of the DP and place the image panel behind, creating more of a shadow box look. Not sure if it's noticeable in the photo but I like the look of it IRL! I stamped this sentiment, also from Stamping Bella, and finished with some pretty pink ribbon in the top left corner.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Bella Babes' take on this sketch, as well as the Sistahood, over at Bloggabella. Get ready to feast your eyes on some magnificent creations. Did you know that you could win Bella Bucks just by commenting on the Bloggabella blog? Yup, just head on over and leave a comment and you're entered to win. Wanna play in next week's Bellarific Friday challenge? Come on, you could win even more Bella Bucks!!! Woo-hoo! The theme for next week's challenge is "FREE FORM"!! Easy peasy!!

Okee dokee, that's it from the hen house today. I'll see ya back in the coop bright n' early tomorrow mornin'. {{{hen hugs}}}


Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Stamping Bella; CS - SU Early Expresso & Very Vanilla; DP - Bo Bunny; Copics; Nestabilities; Ribbon - Martha Stewart; Button; Twine

19 comments:

  1. Super Card Jeanie I love it !!! I just picked up this stamp last Saturday cause it is absolutely the cutest.
    How are you enjoying you Mac ? Mine is coming in next week, can't wait !!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable. Love the way you did the "shadowbox" effect. Great card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suh-weet card! I love your Bellarific Fridays. Hugas....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanie I HEART your heart!! I love how you paper pieced the peeps heart - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shadowbox look! Didn't notice it at first but when I honed in for a closer look - I was like that dog (or chick) she got ingenious on us. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always love, love your cards.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH Jeanie, so gorgeous! You've used those papers perfectly!

    Hope you had a lovely weekend planned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Jeanie, that image is way too cute and I love the DP and as always your colouring is out of this world, TFS.X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stun-Ning chickenabella!
    The peeps heart is almost as big as yours :)
    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is such a sweet card Jeanie ! Just love this image... So so pretty... Gorgeous DP too, as always ! Hugs and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. GASP!!! I love it, I better buy her before she is all gone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some of my most favourite papers ever! I love the colours and beautiful patterns. Gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey what a super cute card, I love it! Now is that comment from whom I think it is.... ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is such a sweet card... she certainly has a lot of love to offer.
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute. I love the heart coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that is a lot of suh-weetness that wee girl is carrying! UBER cute!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!