Monday, July 4, 2011

For my special bud...


Mornin' hens!! Did ya miss me last week? I sure hope so cuz' I SO missed bein' away from the hen house!! I couldn't wait to get home and back to craftin'!!! I made this little card for a "special" friend of mine who is retiring and LOVES to work in the garden. She always calls me her "bud" so this little gal was the perfect choice for her card! This is "Sprout" from the Mo Manning collection over at Stamping Bella. Who can resist Mo's images, huh? They're so detailed and oh so cute!

I stamped Sprout onto some of Bella's Bestest Paper and colored her with my Copics. I matted her with some SU Early Expresso and then stitched around the edges. I stamped the sentiment (which comes with the image btw) onto a scrap piece of cardstock, rounded the corners and then tucked it behind the image panel. This DP is from the MME Stella & Rose collection and I added a little texture to the base with my SU embossing folder. To finish, I layered a few punched flowers, a button and tied it all together with some twine! I thought I might insert a Home Depot gift card for some new plants, as a going away gift! Whatcha think?

Ok, that's it from the hen house today. Don't forget we have a Bellarific Friday challenge this week, July 8th. The challenge theme is RIBBON!! Oh seriously, that's a gimme for da hens, right? Yep, that's what I thought, so let's get those Stamping Bella images dusted off and let's fill up Emily's email (emily@stampingbella.com) with lots of ideas, k? Woo-hoo!! You could even win some FREE Bella Bucks! Nothin's bettah than FREE rubbah!! LOL! {{{hen hugs}}}

July 4th Hat Sparkler Waving Patriotic Flag Red White And Blue Stars Stripes Smiley Smilie Emoticon Animated Animation Gif Pictures, Images and Photos

Happy 4th of July!!

Supplies:
Stamps - Stamping Bella; CS - Bella's Bestest Paper, SU Early Expresso; Copics; DP - MME Stella & Rose Collection; Flower Dies - Cuttlebug; Button; Twine; SU Embossing Folder

15 comments:

  1. Love the card the image is cute and colored perfectly...thks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I missed you last week. Your card today is so cute. Love that image and sentiment. Your coloring is awesome, and the papers and flower are perfect. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure did miss you...checked everyday! *sniffle* *sniffle*

    Such a cute card, love the colors, your super cute flower, and the fab tab...awesomeness! OH, and of course the adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet image! Great coloring and color coordinating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this card so just so sweet!!! I just love this image along with your awesome coloring. Love the papers and flower too!!!
    {hugs}
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect retirement card and gift. Have a happy & safe July 4th. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Jeanie-this is amazingly colored! I LOVE that MME paper and the flower is perfect too! I just ordered this cutie- can't wait to come back and use this card as inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Jeannie! Great colouring and love your paper choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAAAHHHHHHHH! She is darling.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeannie this is flawless! Your colouring is completely bang-on and the whole layout, colours and sentiment... just freaking gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the flowers Jeanie! LOL Ohhhhh yes I missed you and I still do! Absolutely lovely! Love the embossed CS! Adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, we sure did miss ya! But Sprout here was worth the wait! I'm sure your friend will love her too! She's just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is adorable. Love the knee patches. The flower is great. You have a great way of creating the highlights in her hair and on the pot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute. I love the paper flower.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!