Monday, February 13, 2012

I think I'll hang on to you!


Tee-hee! ....and except for those stick legs, that little monkey looks just like me! ROUND! Bwah-ha-ha-ha! Yup, this is my DH's Valentine's card! Ain't it a hoot? The BEST part of this card is, that he found this stamp for me on our vacation last year. He knows I LOVEEE cute, so as I was browsing through a craft store, he spotted these stamps and said, "Hey, these look like you!" (In more ways than one! *snort!*) Anyhoo, he was right! I LOVE that little Stampendous monkey and this one was adorable. It was the first time I had seen Stampendous stamps made with cling mount cushion. SOLD!! Now you see why I'm hanging on to him, right? Any man who finds stamps for me, IS NOT GETTING AWAY! Mwah!

Ok, so I stamped both images onto Neenah Classic Crest CS and colored the main image with my Copics. I cut it out with my scalloped Nesties and drew some squiqqle lines around the scallops. I also drew the hearts above my (ah-hem, the monkey's) head! I added some distress ink to all the pieces and then stitched around the edges. To finish I added some Stickles to the hearts and tied this polka dot ribbon in a cute bubbly bow! Okee dokee, that's it for me today! I hope you hens have a MAAH-VELOUS Monday! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous; CS - SU Soft Suede & Real Red, Neenah Classic Crest White; Copics; Ribbon - Offray; Nestabilities; Stickles

15 comments:

  1. I really love this stamp. Your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie, this is so cuuuute!!! I love it, but then I love all your cards :) Gaynor xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. *snort* that Monkey looks so funny!!! Love it! Beautiful choice of papers and the little doodling you made is great! Sure your Valentine will be so happy to receive this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, how sweet. This is adorable. I know your hubby will love it. You are far from being round like this little monkey my dear. You look great.
    Have a great Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yes he is a keeper. :) Have a wonderful week and a very Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg I love this card! It's perfect. Love the stamp, but what a great job you did with it. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is darling. Love all your details. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, this is so sweet! I love your card design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is ADORABLE! I have not seen this stamp and I thought I had seen them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card and I'd definitely hang on to your husband! What a terrific guy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one adorable card Jeanie! Yep, I'd have to agree that you'd better hang on to that fella. He's a keeper, and he has good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omword......fabulous! I will have to CASE this in the future....so ding dang cte!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww! Adorable! And does your hubby have a brother? hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too adorable! Love your vibrant colors, but the little monkey definitely brought a smile to my lips. I feel that way about my honey! LOL Thanks for sharing a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the little monkey. It's perfect for him.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!