Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Mom!


Mornin' hens!  This is my Mom's Mother's Day card.  Think she'll like it?  I sure hope so. Flowers aren't something I do that often but I must say, I REALLY like how this turned out.  This image is part of a set called "Bouquet and Containers" from the Stephanie Ackerman line over at Purple Onion Designs.  I LOVE how you can use the images interchangeably.  I decided to use the mason jar with the bouquet.  I stitched the image panel to this great DP from Simple Stories and added a little distress ink around the edges.  To finish, I punched a little tag and wrote Mom on it, then threaded it on some Baker's Twine and tied it in a cute little bow for a great 3 D effect.  I hope all the Momma hens out there have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!
{{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Purple Onion Designs; Copics; Baker's Twine; DP - Simple Stories "Generations"; Tag Punch - Stampin Up

7 comments:

  1. I love this! So gorgeous and the layout and the colours are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you used on this! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. You did good with the flowersw, even though it is not your style. :) I am sure your Mom will love it.
    Have a wonderful Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors. I really like the twine and tag on the jar. She's going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this soi gorgeous .. love the cute little tag
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A mason jar is my favorite vase for a handfull of daisies or dandylions! Great Mother's Day card. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh this is beautiful Jeanie! Your mother will ADORE it! That twine bow is very nice and I like how you stitched the different papers!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!