Monday, February 25, 2013

Valentine's Day Card #2

Mornin' hens!  Here is card #2 of the three that I made this year.  This card is for my NEW son in law Doug!  Again I used a Penny Black image from the same collection and colored him with my Copics.  I  cut the card shape with my Silhouette Cameo and backed the front with some SU Real Red CS.  I stamped the sentiment on some scrap white CS and adhered it under the ribbon. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I did add some red Stickles to the tops of the roses for some sparkle.  I finished it off with some Kraft colored grosgrain ribbon I picked up at My Favorite Things (awesome store by the way!) and added a red button tied on with some linen thread.   That's all for today!  Stay tuned for the final Valentine card for my DH!  


Supplies: Stamp - Penny Black; CS - SU Crumbcake and Real Red, White; Copics; Stickles; Button; Linen Thread; Ribbon - MFT; Silhouette Cameo; Silhouette Studio

9 comments:

  1. Oh I've missed your "kraft" cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cuuuuute! You dressed that little guy very smart! WOW that Kraft grosgrain is just perfect!!! OMG you live next to the MFT store??????????? I'm coooooming!!!! *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! Bet he loved it but now you have to do it every year for the rest of your life! What a huge saving on postage! I thought it was cool that I lived close to a Hobby Lobby but they have since closed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hearts background and kraft ribbon. So going to have to find some of that! I bet Doug loved it, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. Love the cute image and the Kraft heart background with the red. Your bows are always so pretty. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious to find out what blog system you happen to be utilizing? I'm having some
    small security issues with my latest blog and I'd like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any suggestions?

    Look into my blog - pointclick windows comparison shopping method

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, what a handsome guy! Darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them Jeanie. I haven't taken my silhoutte out the box yet. I know, no need to reply on that, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!