Monday, January 13, 2014

You know you're old when...

Monrin' hens!
Here's a little card I made for the DH's birthday this year!  The inside reads:
...you don't even buy green bananas anymore!

Fit's him to a tee!  LOL!  I printed the image onto some Neenah Classic Crest CS and colored it with my Copics.  I fed the image back through the printer for both the number and sentiment.  After I colored the image, I sponged some distress ink around the edges and matted it to some SU Early Expresso CS using my Perfect Layers tool.  To finish, I added some twine and some Glossy Accents to his glasses.  That's it for me today!  I hope you hens have great day!  {{{hen hugs}}} 


Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - CHF; CS - SU Early Expresso; Copics: Perfect Layers Tool; Distress Ink - Tim Holtz; DP - Bo Bunny; Glossy Accents, Twine

8 comments:

  1. your DH only has a few years on me! But I like my bananas a little green ;) Love the plaid and stripped BG papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this whole look and idea.... I have another old man I think I'll try this design with... Now that I think about it I've got a few old gals too it would work with...
    Thanks so much for ALL you Ideas and the smile you bring to my face when I see that you have posted again... I can't wait to open it and see what you've come up with each time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG adorable! My gram used to say that all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, Jeanie! I agree with "DottyA" - it brings a smile to my face every time I see that you've posted something & I can't wait to open it and see what you've created! {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. Love the image and the sentiment. I like my bananas a little green also. Love it when you post something new. Have a great day. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Jeanie! and very clever printing the sentiment even after you have coloured, i'd be too scared I mess it up. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! Fabulous color choices!!! Love it! Poor DH ... *snort*

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!