Monday, April 21, 2014

Congrats!

Mornin' hens!  Remember me telling you about my friend who's retiring?  Well, one of the ladies who works with me just found out she was hired for her position!  She's so excited about her promotion and I'm thrilled for her as well.  Of course, I love any excuse to make a card!  Bwah-ha-ha-ha!!
Well, while I was perusing the Silhouette online store trying to find the flower for last week's card, I found this cool A2 flip-swing card template.  Hot-diggity-dog!  I thought this would be perfect for my "shake your booty" stamps that I just got in.  And I must say, it works like a charm!  I cut my card template out using my Silhouette Cameo and also cut the polka dot panels too (which come with the file).  But I wanted a mat for the panels so I did an external offset to the panel pieces and cut the offset from black cardstock.  I think the black mat really adds the perfect touch to the panels, don't you?  Ok, so then I stamped my Art Impressions "Beach Booty" image, onto some Neenah Classic Crest CS and colored her with my Copics.  I added some Glossy Accents to her goggles and adhered her with a few foam dimensionals.  


The inside…  LOL!

Now the fun part!  I colored the "booty" part of the image (there are two stamps in the set) and adhered it with a Wobble spring.  So when you open the card, it bounces and wiggles!!  OMG, it's a hoot!  I just love it!  For the inside sentiment, I decided to use this stamp from an old H&M set I have, and I think it's just PERFECT! Tee-hee!  I can't wait for her to see it.  She's gonna love it!
Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  I hope you hens have a great day and I'll see ya back in the hen house real soon! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Stamps - Art Impressions "Beach Booty", Paper Smooches, H&M; CS - Neenah Classic Crest; Copics; DP - My Minds Eye "Follow Your Heart - Be Amazing"; Glossy Accents

8 comments:

  1. what a FUN card. :) Great idea to mount the behind on a spring. LOL I agree any excuse to make a card! Have a wonderful week. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Jeanie....this card is awesome!!! Love, love, love how you used the Beach Booty images and using the Wobble spring was BRILLIANT!! Very cute card and, of course your coloring is perfect as always! Love seeing you back blogging and posting cards more often too! Happy Spring! {{hugs}} Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hoot of a card! Great idea and a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! What an excellent card. I love it. Wish I could see the wobbly bum, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great card!! Love how you done it and how she'll shake her booty when she opens the card, brilliant!!!

    Big hugs
    Roni :D xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like her little butt on the second page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW!!!!! Gotta get that stamp set - already got the wobbles (in more ways than one LOL )
    From Clare in NZ

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!