Friday, February 13, 2015

Cuppa Joe?

Mornin' hens!  Here's another little craft project I wanted to share with you.
 Lil' Chick asked for her own personalized mug as her Valentine's Day gift.   Easy peasy!  I love making these.  I bought this stoneware mug at Target.  I loved how the inside is a speckled green and that tiny gold rim matches the vinyl monogram perfectly. Yay!    


Now I know she would've been happy enough with just the coffee mug, but I wanted to give her something else too!  So I searched for coasters online and found these wooden ones.  They were $10 for a set of four with FREE shipping!  I used the same monogram (resized to fit inside the coaster), but used the negative space as a template and painted the initials with gold acrylic paint.  Here's a helpful tip: Instead of using the more expensive vinyl for the template (since you're going to peel it off and throw it away anyway), I use white Con-Tact paper instead.  I removed the Con-Tact paper template after applying 3 coats of gold paint.  Once the paint was dry, the DH then gave each coaster a coat of clear acrylic sealer.  Yoila!!  What a cute gift and for only about $17!  This would make a great gift for a teacher, or even a coworker!  Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  I hope you hens have a FABULOUS Friday and a ❤SUH-WEET❤ Saturday!  {{{hen hugs}}}    

Supplies:







4 comments:

  1. Great gift. Those mugs where perfect for this project. Happy Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project and a great gift idea.
    Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea and love how they turned out.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!