Monday, January 29, 2018

My Valentine's Day Cards

Mornin' hens!  
Wow, I can't believe it's been a year and a half since my last post.  Not much has changed since my last post.  We've been enjoying our Grandson, Jaxon as much as possible. He's so stinkin' cute and so much fun! Lil' Chick, Doug and Jaxon live about an hour away, so we don't see them as much as we would like, but the DH and I usually stay a weekend with them at least once a month. Jaxon is 3 years old now.  I know, crazy right? Where does the time go?  The DH retired on November 30th and I retire in 3 weeks!!  Woot-woot!!  Seriously, I can hardly wait.  But of course the biggest news is Lil' Chick is expecting!!!  Yippeee!!  It's a GIRL too, and she's due mid March.  Yep, my retirement couldn't come at a better time.  Yippee!!  I'll be staying with Lil' Chick for a few weeks after Ainsley arrives to help her out.  Yes, that's her name, Ainsley.  Isn't it adorable?  Ok, well that's the latest from the hen house.  Oh yeah, Santa did bring me an Instant Pot for Christmas so I've been doing more cooking lately than anything else.  I did make a sign for Ainsley's nursery wall.   But other than the sign, my crafting has taken a back seat to cooking.  That was until I saw Nichol Spohr's YouTube video pop up on my feed and I just had to make these little cuties for Valentine's Day. 


Aren't those scalloped doily hearts the cutest?  The images and dies are all from Lawn Fawn.



I didn't have the exact plaid stamp that Nichol used, but I found one in my stash that I felt was close enough. 


Oh, isn't this smore the cutest?  Nichol had a die for the arrow, but I didn't want to purchase a die set for just that, so I cut mine with my Silhouette Cameo.


Nichol made a light pink background as well, but I didn't have the correct ink color for the plaid background so I chose not to do any pink backgrounds.  I really love this teal though.  


One of the new things she used, at least it was new for me, was Nuvo Crystal Drops.  That's what makes those little white gel dots around the edge of the hearts.  Wow, this stuff was great.  Very thick, almost like paint, and it dries raised, shiny and smooth.  I really like it.


And here's the last one.  Don't they look like candy?  I really love how they turned out.  
Ok, well that's it for me today.  I'll do my best to link some of the items I used below if you're interested.  Thanks for stopping by!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:

12 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanie! I am so excited hear from you and see you post again!! I was just thinking about you the other day wondering if you have been doing any crafting. I love the cards and really hope you find some time to craft more and bless us with some show'n'tell. Congratulations on your up-coming retirement. Lucky girl!! I too got an instant pot for Christmas and I love it. I just made a beef stew in it last night that was wonderful! Congratulations on your daughter expecting again too. What a wonderful way to spend your retirement days. Until next post, all my best! Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paula!! Oooooh, beef stew sounds yummy. I’m having terrific success with everything I’ve made so far. I made Jasmine rice the other day and it was PERFECT! Yep, only 18 days ‘til retirement. I’m so excited!! I hope to do some more crafting this year so keep a look out! Thank you for your sweet comment and have a wonderful day! Jeanie

      Delete
  2. Hello there my friend. I am so glad to see you posting again. Love all your sweet Valentine cards, they are so cute.
    Thanks for sharing all the great news. Congratulations on your upcoming retirement and also on your expected granddaughter, and congrats to Lil' Chick. Love the name Ainsley. What a coincidence that when I retired it was at the end of February and my granddaughter was born in March. Hope to see you post more and also see you in person now that you will be retiring. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoAnn! Seems like I’ve been working forever!! I can hardly wait for retirement. Only 18 days left! Woot-woot!! And the perfect retirement present -a granddaughter! I’m so excited. Hopefully, I’ll be able to do more crafting this year so keep a look out! Take care, Jeanie

      Delete
  3. Hi Jeanie!!! The other day I was thinking about your grandson Jaxon. I will always remember his name cause it's Jaxon with an x and not the regular ck Jackson. I was wondering how old he was but I read he is 3 years old wow! time sure goes by real fast. Congrats on your expected granddaughter also with a beautiful name. I still remember the video from your daughter's wedding the song from Joshua Radin I'd Rather Be With You, I love that song. Glad that you are back.!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Anna! I know, I can hardly believe he’s 3! 😳 I can hardly wait for Ainsley to get here. I’m getting so excited about retiring and being a FULL TIME Grandma! Woot-woot! Take care and thanks so much for your sweet comment!! Jeanie

      Delete
  4. Great to hear from you again. I have thought of you often and so glad you're enjoying the grandbaby and having another one coming. They are fun and a blessing. You will love retirement. I retired 14 months ago and love it. Yes the instant pot is awesome also. Take care and congrats on your retirement and hubby's and grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Billie! I can hardly wait for Ainsley to get here and being a FULL TIME Grandma! 18 days ‘til retirement! Who’s counting? Lol!

      Delete
  5. I am soooo glad you are back! I have so missed your cards. Retirement will be wonderful for you...hopefully you will have a bit of time to make cards again. Wonderful news on the grandbabies!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I hope to do more crafting this year. I’m so glad you like my cards. Your sweet comment MADE my day! Thank you! Jeanie

      Delete
  6. OH Good... I am so HAPPY to see you posting again. :) I pop over here and check every few weeks and was just thinking it has been 1 1/2 years! Time flies. So happy to hear about all your exciting news. Retirements, new Grand Daughter to come and the instant pot ;) I sure hope to see more of your fabulous and fun creations here on a regular bases again ;) I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and the yummy treats on these are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!