Monday, October 26, 2009

It's Minty Wreath Monday!

Good Monday morning!! Ok, so the Pumpkin Festival was AWESOME but I decided to pass on the elephant ear and go for the Pumpkin Ice Cream in a waffle cone.... Ooooooooh it was incredible!!!! *sigh* Ok, don't tell me how many calories there are in one, I don't want to know. {he-he}

I'm still working away on my Christmas cards - this is #23 if anyone is keeping track. Almost half way there!!! Woo-hoo!! This is Minty Wreath from Stamping Bella. I must say, I had all these ideas in my head for this card's design but when I tried them, they ended up in the garbage.... This is like the third image I colored!! I wanted to use some Crystal Effects to look like candywrappers but it just didn't look right. Then I tried adding white to the candy but that didn't look right either, so this was the third try and I decided to leave it as is. I stamped the image directly onto this DP from Provo Craft and matted it with a coordinating paper from the same collection. I used my Martha Stewart border punch along the bottom edge of two of the layers and used some dimensionals in between for a little 3D effect. I finished by adding some antique brads and some SU taffeta ribbon. Pretty SUH-WEET huh? Get it, minty - sweet??? {he-he} Ok-ok, have a great day!!!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Minty Wreath by Stamping Bella; DP - Provo Craft; Punch - Martha Stewart; Brads; Copics; Ribbon - SU Red Taffeta

14 comments:

  1. This candy wreath looks pretty yummy and very Christmas-y. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! You make how many cards? WOW ... I send out around 80 to 100 so needless to say only the really SPECIAL ones get handmade cards ;) Have a wonderful week, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! The candy wreath is so pretty. Your cards are always so beautiful - keep 'em coming 'cause I love looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this candy wreath stamp. Keep up the good work.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so stunning i think i may faint! i clicked on it about three times already to get an up close and personal look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's ab/fab Jeanie! Lovely colors, border and that wreath and bow is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous!!!! can you tell me what size it is? I'd appreciate it. LOVE the piercing!! What is DP please? Your work is fantastic ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barbara!
    The size of this card is 4.25" x 5.50", standard A2 size. The DP is from the Christmas Slab III by Provo Craft. Thanks so much for the SWEET comment! Have a great day!
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really really like this card too. The colors are really inviting - the brads add a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jeanie, I love this one, it is beautiful. Love the wreath, papers and the colors. Great job, keep it up.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous - LOVE the colors you chose and the stitching is a great accent. It's perfect!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Missy, I can see why this got so many comments, it is just stunning! And to get Linda to faint, now that says a lot.
    I don't know how you manage to make that many Christmas cards, that would make Me faint, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a nice xmas card. (sis)

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!