Thursday, May 22, 2014

Batty in Love

Mornin' hens!  
Isn't this card great?  I'm giving this to the DH for our anniversary.  LOL!  He'll love it!  My hubby isn't the mushy type, if you get my drift.  He loves my cards, but hates to read long mushy stuff.   So I figure this gets right to the point, right?  Bwah-ha-ha-ha!  Ok, so I stamped a woodgrain stamp onto some SU Chocolate Chip CS with Versamark ink, and embossed it with black embossing powder.  Man, I love how this looks.  I even stamped the branch using the same method. 



I stamped the bat onto the patterned paper twice and also onto some white cardstock for her eyes. I used the second stamped image only for her wings, so I could give them a 3D look.  After fussy cutting all the stamped pieces, I adhered them to this cloud paper starting with the branch first.  I then stamped the bat hanging from the branch and then adhered the patterned paper pieces to complete the bat.  I have to tell you, when I first chose this cloud paper I was trying to figure out how to cover those dotted lines to the right of the branch.  But once I placed my pieces on the panel, I decided to make it work for me instead of hiding it.  Hey, she's crazy, so flying in circles sounds right to me!  Bwah-ha-ha-ha!  Ok, so next I added some detailing to her fangs (how appropriate!) with my white gel pen and added some punched hearts around her head.  I cut the hill using my stitched die and adhered it to the bottom of the scene.  To finish, I added some Glossy Accents to her eyes and to the punched hearts and adhered the panel to the card base with some foam tape.  Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  I hope you all have a great day and I'll see ya back in the hen house real soon.  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:

5 comments:

  1. Oh that is just perfect for a NON Musshey card... I know just what you mean! He is going to go batty over it...tehe...
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is so stinking adorable! I LOVE everything. The layering, the fun accents and paper piecing. You cards are AMAZING. Happy Friday eve and big hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I especially love how you did the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. Love the paper-piecing. Great idea to use the dotted circle in the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. Love the paper piecing and the whole scene. Wonderful work. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!