Monday, May 26, 2014

Love you to my core!

Mornin' hens!  Here's another card I made with the same stamp set that I used last week.  I just love the simplicity of this card.  The clean lines and debossed circle put the apple front and center, and the striped DP peeking out from the inside is the perfect finishing touch! 


So, I started by stamping the apple onto several different colors of patterned paper and then paper pieced the image.  The seed was my idea! Tee-hee! I just cut an elongated oval from the brown patterned paper and adhered it to the center.  Then I sponged some distress ink around the edges.  Next, using my circle Nesties, I debossed the circle onto the card front by running it through my Big Shot with the rubber mat against the front of the card instead of the cutting plate.  This prevents the die front cutting through the paper and leaves the debossed die shape instead.  I adhered the apple with some foam dimensionals and stamped the sentiment below.  Using my Copics, I colored in the hearts with R17.  To add a little interest, I cut 1/2" off the right edge but only on the front half of the card.  This leaves the inside of the card showing even when the card is closed.  To finish, I adhered some striped DP to the inside, rounded the top corner, and added some Glossy Accents to the hearts in the sentiment.  Ok, that's it for me today!  I hope you have a great day and I'll see ya back in the hen house real soon.  {{{hen hugs}}}

WE REMEMBER YOUR SACRIFICE TODAY AND EVERY DAY, ON THIS MEMORIAL DAY!  
USA flag photo: Flag - America 2 3flg012USA.gif

Supplies:
 

2 comments:

  1. What a Cute and Simple card. Love your though process on this, the embossing is just enough to pop the apple (as if it needed it) and the strips down the side,,,,Just too Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this one, too! Great embossing details and fun verse for and apple!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!