Monday, April 4, 2016

Dump!

Mornin' hens!
This is Jaxon's FAVORITE new word, "DUMP"  {{LOL}}
OMG, he cracks me up!  Anytime he sees a truck of any kind... he points and says "DUMP"
So, when his "half" birthday rolled around, you know what kinda card Grandmommy had to make him right?  Oh yeah, a DUMP card!!



OMG, ain't it a hoot?  I just love how it turned out.  Needless to say, he did too!  Yay! 
And this is a "no stamping" card too.  I found the tutorial and template HERE.  It's super simple too!  I printed the template on cardstock, cut them out, and then traced the pieces onto the yellow and gold cardstock.  I freehand cut the dirt out of brown cardstock.  Then I sponged some distress ink around the edges of each piece.  Oh, and the tires are made using the Stampin Up scalloped punch and then you just cut the scallops off.  How clever is that??  Next, I found a picture of Jaxon that I thought would fit the look "like he's looking out the driver's window" and then printed it in a reduced size using my printer. I also printed the title on the truck, and sentiment on the card using my printer.  To finish, I rounded the bottom corners of the card and then drew some white stitched lines around the edges.  Okee dokee, that's it for me today!  I hope you hens have a MAH-VELOUS Monday!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:





4 comments:

  1. Oh Jeanie, this is just darling and very creative. I bet Jaxon loved it and so do I.
    Have a great week. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So COOL a card with a Dump truck that actually Dumps! Jaxson has a pretty col Grandma to make him such fun cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MFDIL,i love the card. How clever. I know Jaxon loves it. I am so proud of you as you sure are talented. You and Jaxon will always have a lot of fun together. Your YFMIL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ran accross your cute little card. My 13 yr old is Jaxon too. I don't see that spelling very often. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!