Friday, August 6, 2010

It's Release Day at Taylored Expressions!


Mornin' hens!! Yep, today's the day!! Release day that is.... Today I made another cute little project with the Take Note set being released today from Taylored Expressions. This was a really simple project and I can honestly say, my Mom LOVED it! She and my Dad are big campers and they LOVE visiting all the different parks. She always keeps a listing of her favorite sites in each park so I thought I'd make her this little journal to keep track of them in. This is just a spiral index card notebook and I decorated the front with some CS, DP, ribbon, and of course my Take Note label set! I stamped the label onto some Choice Snow White CS and stamped the sentiment inside. Then I added these little red brads to each side of the label and adhered it to the DP with a few dimensionals. I matted the DP to the CS and adhered the piece to the front of the notebook. Then I finished by tying the ribbon around the front and made a pen to match! That's it! Super simple and what a fun little gift to give. Ok, I hope you've enjoyed my sneak peeks this week. Be sure to leave a cluck below and lemme know whatcha think, k? Don't forget to check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen for some more great ideas using the two new sets being released today from Taylored Expressions! See ya back a little later for today's Double Post Friday! {{{hen hugs}}}

TE Baker's Dozen DT -
Taylor VanBruggen; Jodi Collins; Karen Giron; Melissa Sauls; Donna Baker; Charmaine Ikach; Alex Maldonado; Sankari Wegman; Jackie Pedro; Karen Motz; Carolina Buchting

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps/CS/DP/Ribbon - Taylored Expressions; Brads; Pen -Pentel; Index Card Spiral Notebook - Walmart

14 comments:

  1. Oh you are just on a roll with these adorable books and matching pens!! Sooo cute! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome journal, Jeanie! i've loved all of your sneak peeks, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect little journal. Glad your mom liked it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of quick and simple and useful and super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love how it turned out. That is the perfect little gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you Mom did love this. I keep a travel Journal for every trip I take. I make a special one for each trip then keep it. This is a must have stamp set and die set for me. I can;t wait for my next paycheck so i can grab it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book would be a delight to take on vacation. LOVE the colours and the matching pen!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fantastic idea! I need to journal my trips when I'm on them instead of trying to remember everything later. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! What a great idea for traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another really cute idea, Jeanie!! Just love these matching book & pen sets! You sold me on this stamp set for sure!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant ~ love the idea of a travel journal that fits in your pieces - just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is totally adorable Jeanie! LOVE the CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yeah-haw, this is purty! You need you one of these for those romantic bike rides you take? I love this!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!