Thursday, August 5, 2010

TE Sneak Peek Day 2


Hey hens... it's That's Krafty Thursday #37 AND Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 2!! Woo-hoo!! Lot's of fun today!

Today's card features the new set "Tweet Heart" that will be released tomorrow over at Taylored Expressions. This set has a couple of birds, a branch, a bird bath, a border and all sorts of little phrases too! I decided to make a fairly simple Thank You card today that you can whip up in no time. Sets like these are so handy when you need a quick little card and being they're silhouette images, NO COLORING IS REQUIRED! Easy peasy!! Ok, so I started by stamping my little bird onto some Choice Snow White CS with some brown dye ink and then cut him out with my circle punch. Then I added dots around the image with my Adirondack Dimensional Pearls in Expresso. I'm gettin' a lot of use outta that stuff, huh? LOL!! Ok, then once it was dry, I matted the image onto some brown CS punched with my scalloped circle punch and I matted the DP with the brown CS as well. I tied this pretty brown satin ribbon vertically into a cute bubbly bow and to finish, I stamped one of the many sentiments in this set on the bottom right corner and added one of these cute little butterflies to the top right corner. Okee dokee, that's it for me today. Be sure to check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen for some more great ideas using this cute little set. See ya back in the hen house tomorrow!! Have a T-RIFIC Thursday! {{{hen hugs}}}

TE Baker's Dozen DT -
Taylor VanBruggen; Jodi Collins; Karen Giron; Melissa Sauls; Donna Baker; Charmaine Ikach; Alex Maldonado; Sankari Wegman; Jackie Pedro; Karen Motz; Carolina Buchting

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps/DP/CS/Butterfly/Adirondack Dimensional Pearls - Taylored Expressions;
Ribbon - Stampin' Up

17 comments:

  1. Super sweet, Jeanie! Love your espresso dots around the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww - simply beautiful Jeanie! You are a Kraft Diva!! Love the colors and you used one of my fave embellishments: Liquid pearls!!! woot! Hope you are having a marvelous day!!!
    big hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO sweet Jeanie! LOVE the layout and the paper you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanie, this is so cute. Love this set and I love your color choices, of course the kraft challenge is always fun so I hope I'll get to play this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a sweet card. Love the papers and design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dots around the main image and that ribbon is soooo yummy! It's a perfect match to this card. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Jeanie...simple but effective...my kinda card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Krafty, fun and quick! Love it! It makes me smile...;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love how you let the single bird take center stage. Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Sweet Tweet! very cute. hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this is just stunning Jeanie!! So simple, yet striking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card, Jeanie! I LOVE the colors with the Kraft. . .awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are rockin' the kraft, girl! Love the half scalloped circle under the image - what a fun look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the kraft paper background and big bow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. More lovely cards Jeanie :)

    My Krafty Thursday card is here
    http://andreagourley.blogspot.com/2010/08/woof.html

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!