Wednesday, August 4, 2010

TE Sneak Peek Day 1


Hi there hens!! Are ya ready for another round of Sneak Peeks from Taylored Expressions?? Woo-hoo!! Today's sneak peek is featuring a new set being released this Friday called "Take Note". This set contains three labels and multiple sentiments too! I can think of a ton of different note pads to make with this set and what fun gifts they make too. Take for instance my little Grocery Lists notepads here. I made these for my Sister, Sister in Law and Aunt and they all three LOVED 'em!!


I started by stamping the label onto some Choice CS and then used two of the sentiments in the set "Grocery" and "List" and stamped them inside. These little Post It Notes are the 4x4 size and worked perfectly with the 8 1/2 x 11 CS from Taylored Expressions. Using the short side of the CS, I cut the CS just a little wider then the pad and scored the center with two parallel lines a 1/4" apart. This fit the notepad perfectly and I was able to make two from one sheet of CS. I used some Sticky Tape on the back side of the notepad to adhere it to the CS and then I decorated the front with some DP, ribbon, and my label of course.


Then I just HAD to make matching pens!! Tee-hee!! Oh yeah, this was HARD!! Pffftt!! Seriously, it took like one minute!! All ya gotta do is roll some of the DP into tubes and slide it into the barrel of the pen and that's it! What a great little addition to the notepads and super simple to boot! Taylored Expressions is also offering a new line of dies that coordinate with this set too! You're sure to want to include these with this set for easy cutting of the labels. Now to finish my little notepads, I adhered a business card magnet to the back, so you can hang them on the fridge, and I also added a little magnet to the pen and top corner of the notepad so the pen will always be handy!! If you're like me, seems I always have the pen or the pad but never BOTH!! Ok, that's it for me today, be sure to leave a cluck below and let me know what ya think, ok? Wanna see some more great ideas for the Take Note set? Check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen below!

TE Baker's Dozen DT -
Taylor VanBruggen; Jodi Collins; Karen Giron; Melissa Sauls; Donna Baker; Charmaine Ikach; Alex Maldonado; Sankari Wegman; Jackie Pedro; Karen Motz; Carolina Buchting

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps/CS/DP/Ribbon - Taylored Expressions; Notepads - 3M Post It Notes; Scor-Tape; Copics; Business Card Magnet - Staples; Round Magnets - Basic Grey; Pen - Pentel

24 comments:

  1. These are so adorable, Jeanie!!! I made a grocery list, too and now I need to make a pen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love how you've used the die and fabulous papers, Jeanie! Are these just any pens or something special???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet matching sets! I love the shape of this die! and the matching pens are priceless! Brillinat creations :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good golly Ms. Molly!!! These are so super cute!! LOVe this cute little trio that you have made - and those matching pens are beyond cute - get OUT!!! Girl you are awesome!!! Love your beautiful creations!!!!!
    hugssssss,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super cute. Love 'em. Great job with the matching pens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Supper cute! I love the set what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are SUPER sweet Jeanie! LOVE the matching pens! I am sure they all went CRAZY when you gave them these beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous Jeanie ! They really make sweet little gifts and I love the coordinated pen, that's really the perfect finishing touch ! Love it ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun little gift. Cool idea to make a matching pen. TFS, have a wonderful Wednesday, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the matching sets - The pens are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jeanie! This is my first time to your blog and it certainly won't be my last. Your projects today are super cute and I must try the paper in the pen idea. LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhh...these are just adorable!!! I love the patterned papers you chose and they are just going to love these gifts!! Great use of the set with dies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a peachy idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These pads are great! They look wonderful. And the matching pens are simply brilliant. How very creative. I love this stamp set and dies. Very practical.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun and practical notepads! And a magnet for the pen too... genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a genius by adding a magnet to the pen - and it coordinates with your darling note pads too! These are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, Jeanie - these are SUPER cute!! I can't wait to make some of these!! You have some amazing ideas!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Why don't I have family who give me such great gifts, lol. How clever are you, okay I think I've said that before and you are going to get a big head rofl. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are awesome, Jeanie! What great gifts they'll make!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are fab-u-lous Jeanie!!! I know a few people who would love them. Right I'm off to dig out some papers.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous idea for sticky notes...it's like Haute Couture for sticky notes!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun set ~ the matching pen with your adorable note pad is just darlin' as can be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ok, I would never probably use something like this...because if I filled a piece of paper out, it would sit on the counter until i returned from the store. I always forget lists! God just made me that way, i dunno why. But, they are soooo damn cute, I would look at it all the time. The papers you picked are so fun!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!