Monday, July 27, 2009

Another "dog"gone birthday...

It's Monday.... yeah, phoooee right? I hope you had a good weekend. I didn't do much, too hot here in Florida. We did go to my Mom and Dad's for a BBQ on Saturday though. That's always fun. My whole family shows up so there's lots of people all gabbing and laughing, and the kids play in my parent's backyard. Oh, and not to mention the EATING. Whew! I still feel like a tick! {He-he!} You know I had to throw in some dog humor.


On Sunday after church I stayed in my craft room and made a few cards. This one is for my cousin's birthday. This image is from The Digi Shack and he just makes me laugh with those googly eyes. I printed the image and colored him with my Copics, although I did shade around the edges with my Lyras. The Lyras just give a little more softer look for shading I think. I used my rectangle Nesties to cut and emboss the image piece and the scalloped mat. The card base in SU Chocolate Chip and the patterned paper is from October Afternoon. This is from the Weathervane collection. The reverse side of this paper is POLKA DOTS!! Too cute! Ummm, did I mention I was a paper freak? I punched two flowers from white cardstock using my Marvy flower punch and matted them to a SU Chocolate Chip square that I punched with my SU Ticket Punch. I then punched two holes and used two orange brads for the flower centers. I was trying to match the flowers in the paper. I finished the card off with some ribbon I picked up at Walmart. There you have it. I hope you have a great day!

Supplies:
Image - The Digi Shack; DP-October Afternoon; CS-SU Chocolate Chip & Georgia Pacific White; Copics; Lyras; Brads; Ribbon; Punches-SU Ticket Punch, Marvy Flower, Square; Nestibilities

3 comments:

  1. He's so cute, I like his googly eyes. Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a soft spot for dogs! Love the paper selection.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable. I love that paper. Great job on the coloring, as always. The flowers look great with that paper.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!