Monday, July 13, 2009

Whooo's another year older?

I am such a sucker for CUTE paper! I mean, is this just not the cutest paper ever? And then no more did I pick up this paper, when right around the corner was this little stamp. I picked it up and thought, "ah, you've got too many owl stamps" and put it back. Then, as I'm standing in the checkout line my mind starts thinking, "that sure was an awful cute owl" and then the ritual begins.... anxiety starts to set in and I can't stand it any longer... I just HAVE TO HAVE IT!! So out of line I go, and run back to get it. Like a mad woman, I'm rushing back down the aisles {as if there is an army of people headed for the same stamp}. Good grief, am I a dork or what?? {but hey, I sure am glad I did, she really IS cute isn't she?}


Ok, enough about my shopping fits and on to the card. I stamped her with my ColorBox chalk inks and then paper pieced her wings and eyes. I used my Copics for her beak and belly dots and added some shading with my Lyras. I just love my Inverted Scalloped Circle Nesties. When paired with the Classic Scalloped Circle it looks like ric-rak. I think it's such a neat look. The card base is SU Chocolate Chip and the pink CS is from Bazzil. Hoot-hoot!!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp-Hampton Art; CS-SU Chocolate Chip & Bazzil; Copics; Lyras; ColorBox Chalk Ink; Nestabilities; Punches-SU Word Window & Scalloped Border

4 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear, that I am not the only dork in the world about stamps. You will not regret buying her.

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute. Yes, I know what you mean about the stamp, or getting out of line to go get something after you thought about it. I know how you are about your stamps too. :) Have a great week.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whooooo's your daddy! I like the paper too. Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too fell in love with the paper, wasn't sure how to use it but came up with a couple cards. Wish I had found the stamp! Great job on the card.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!