Saturday, September 17, 2011

Middle aged huh?


Hey there! Hope you hens are all doin' better than me this Saturday morning. Cuz I for one, am MELTING in this heat!! It's 96 degrees right now and that's INSIDE my home!! Uh-huh, my AC went out and the repair company is here now to replace the whole unit. So, I hope you'll forgive me if I'm not as upbeat today as usual, but I need to get back in front of the fan, cuz this chick is close to FRYIN' right about now.

Ok, onto today's card. This is a birthday card for DH. Appropriate huh? *snort* Not to worry, he teases me relentlessly so it's fun to turn the tables every once in awhile. LOL!

This is Melvin from Art Impressions. I stamped him onto some Neenah Classic Crest CS and colored him with my Copics. I stitched him to some SU Early Expresso CS and then matted him to this great NEW DP I got in from My Minds Eye. It's the Allspice collection and I just LUUUUV the colors in it. Very Fall-ish!! (Fall colors that is, cuz it sure ain't TEMPS! Hmmmph - dream on!!) To finish my design, I added some Glossy Accents to his glasses of course, and I wanted to try out my new Die-namics - Stacking Stars that I recently ordered too! I cut a few from the DP and added a brad in the center to finish. That's about it, OH WAIT.... here's the inside!! Tee-hee!

Oh man, I do LOVE this card! Isn't it great?? Are YOU in a cardmaking mood now? I sure hope so, cuz we've got some KRAFTIN' to do. For one, don't forget about my That's Krafty Thursday challenge that's still open until Wednesday at 7:00pm EST. I'd LOVE to see some of your work and YOU could be named this week's KRAFTY CHICK and have your card posted right here on my blog and also receive Clara, The Krafty Chick badge to display on your blog so the whole world knows YOU'RE A KRAFTY CHICK!

And secondly, this card is part of this week's Catered Crop FTR21 challenge going on right now too!

Here's this week's recipe:
Colors – Vintage tones (sepias, gold, cream, muted greens)
Papers - Design Paper (K&Co), torn book page, doily, paper scraps
Stamps – flowers, leaves, sentiment
Color Mediums – Distress inks, Archival ink, Crackle, Viva Gold, cream paint
Embellishments – ribbon, lace, mini-tag, button, press-studs, thread
Techniques – stamped resist technique (on bird), stitching, Grunge Rose, sewing, distress
Tools – Die cuts - bird, cage, flower
Themes –Vintage, tag, bird cage

I've highlighted the items I used on my card so you can see, it's SUPER EASY to play along in the FTR21 challenge. Just use any one of the above ingredients, or more if you like. and then enter your card over at the Catered Crop blog. Hey, and if you use a piece of Kraft colored CS on your card, enter it in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge too! Woo-hoo!

Okee dokee, that does it from the "sweltering" hen house today. Let's hope the next time you hear from me, I'll be a CHILLIN' CHICK!! LOL! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Stamp - Art Impressions; Copics; DP - My Minds Eye - Allspice; CS - SU Early Expresso, Neenah Classic Crest; Brad - Recollections; Die Cut - Die-Namics; Glossy Accents

9 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!
    You poor thing, to have your AC give out. I had a friend tell me it was 100 in his screen porch yesterday (he's in Fl). So I can just imagine you were feeling a little on the crispy side. Hope you're nice and cool by now...either that or in a hotel!!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No! No fried chicken. Hope they fixed your AC - that's brutal. Love, love your card! Yep, way past middle age and on to "over the hill." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Good I am stillmiddle aged, too! Sure glad he has a good sense of humor , too! What fun you all must have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your AC, but I know how that is. We had ours replaced a couple of years ago.
    Love your card. It is so cute and i know your hubby will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card! It gave me a good chuckle! Love the image and the sentiment. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so funny. I love his smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Mr. Spotted Chick!!! *snort*
    How cool is that guy and the card??? And that coloring!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Mr. Spotted Chick!!! *snort*
    How cook is that guy and the card??? And your coloring! WOWZER!!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!