Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Feel Better Karen!!


Eeeeeek! Ain't she just the CUUUUUTEST?? Oh my goodness, do I ever love these Pure Innocence stamps from MFT. Ummm, so why have I taken so long to ink it up? Oh I dunno.... You know how that goes, "saw it, loved it, bought it!" and then it SITS!!! Go figure??? I suppose that's why they call it an addiction huh? Bwah-ha-ha-ha!!

So anyhoo, this card is for my BESTEST friend Karen who had surgery last Friday and came through it with FLYING COLORS!! Woo-hoo!! WAY TO GO KAREN!! She's a trooper alright, not to mention my inspiration to be as good of a person as she is. She's just the nicest, kindest, most thoughtful person EVER and I'm SO glad she's my friend. Yeah-yeah I know, so what happened to me, right? Hey, I never said I was a FAST learner! Pffft!!

Ok, so I stamped the image onto some Canson Manga Fanboy CS and colored her with my Copics. I matted her with some SU Night of Navy and Very Vanilla CS cut with my oval and scalloped oval Nesties. This DP is from October Afternoon's Detours collection and I finished with some cream colored saddle stitched ribbon tied in a cute bubbly bow! I'm entering this card in both the Friday Sketchers sketch challenge - here's the sketch:


as well as the Catered Crop Recipe Challenge FTR3 which was to use any of the ingredients or techniques Rachel used on her card. My card includes the following same ingredients:
Kraft CS, Ribbon, Copics, Momento Tuxedo Black Ink, and Sewing

I'm having a blast with these challenges lately.... Hey, speakin of challenges - have you entered mine yet?? Hmmmm??? You've got two more days so that's plenty of time to get that Kraft CS out of the pile and whup up somethin' for thuh 'ol hen!! Come on chicks, keep 'em cards a comin!! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Stamps - My Favorite Things; CS - SU Kraft, Very Vanilla & Night of Navy, Canson Manga Fanboy; Copics; Border Punch - Martha Stewart; Nestabilities; Prismacolor Pencils; Ribbon - Papertrey Ink, Sewing Machine, Momento Tuxedo Black Ink

23 comments:

  1. oh wow i love the colours in this card - beautiful
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her, she's so cute. I love the polka dots too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOMMMGGG!!! Blue is my favourite color and this DP is absolutely wonderful!!! Why don't I have it???? Love how you paper pieced the umbrella! Love how you colored these little girl and absolutly LOVE this double scalopped edge with the small hearts! A great card for your great friend!
    LouLou

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet Love the Pure Innocence images also. Great job coloring her and love the way you paper pieced the umbrella. I am sure Karen will love this card. You do such a great job on your cards. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love your card. Colors are awesome! PI's r some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aack! She's such a cutie and I love your coloring, of course. Very pretty papers too and I love the paper-pieced embrella. I'm so glad your friend is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sweetie, what shall I say ? This is sheer gorgeousness itself... Everything is perfect... The colours, the DP, the colouring, the bow... Just fantastic... I love it ! Hugs and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I guess if I could type,that word would be umbrella ... not embrella LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO cute Jeanie, I love it, and the DP and the layout and the image. Okay I am sure you get that I like it, a LOT, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh - my - GOSH! This is SWEET!! Your friend will LOVE it!! I LOVE the paper combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super duper cute!!!! I just love reading your posts.....always make me chuckle!!! I just got my first PI stamps from MFT yesterday!! I am so excited to get them inked up...hopefully soon.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. *LOVE* this card! I have quite the collection of PI stamps myself. BUT...mine never look like this when I'm done coloring them!! I would love another tutorial on coloring with Copics. Your coloring is simply amazing! I need to learn from the master!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just adorable, Jeanie! I bet Karen will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet thank you card. LOVE the darling little one with her umbrella. LOL, I thought I was the only one to bring things home and never ink them. YIKES, Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness gracious gravy (I save that for my most favorite projects) - this is great in every way. Your sponging/shading is just pure art I tell you. I love everything about this. Thanks for playing at Catered Crop - glad to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG...... She is just adorable!!!! I just love the colors you used and your coloring is amazing!!!
    Love it, love it. love it!!
    Hope Karen has a speedy recovery!
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jeannie, everyday you never disappoint me with the sweetest, most creative and elegant, cute cards ever. I just blow them up and study your coloring and color choices. This little girl looks just like my little granddaughter, Iyla. Beauteous! Somedays when you take a break and there is not a new card, I get on and I come to Spotted Chick and my face just falls - and I say to myself, "What is the matter with that Jeannie? Doesn't she know I need her today?" But it's okay, you can have a break once in a while. Thanks for sharing your talented self. You make me smile and you make me try new things! !

    ReplyDelete
  18. I usually do not like blue, but I love this paper.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jeanie, this is simply GORGEOUS! I'm always in awe of your coloring, girl you are so talented!

    Congratulations your project is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow. this card is so beautiful. the colors so vibrant! i bought this stamp 2 months ago and still have not inked it! i'll get around to it eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful Jeanie,
    I love the gorgeous colours and super cute image, oh and that ribbon is devine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGosh! She's just such a cutie pie. Love the polka dots (I want an umbrella like that). And I totally envy you your grass (lol).

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!