Saturday, January 29, 2011

One TWEET ATC.. well maybe?

Hey hens!! Happy Saturday to ya!! Ready for this week's Catch the Bug challenge?? Hmmm? It's just an "itsy-bitsy-wittle" challenge..... (tee-hee) it's an ATC!! Oh boy!! That should be a cinch huh? Hmmmph! Well, that's what I thought too! Evidently, my brain only works on FULL scale because this presented a rather LARGE challenge for me. Good grief!! I'm sure you're thinking, "oh seriously, how hard could a 2.5 x 3.5 card be?" Me too!! But creating the layout for something this size was more than my wee chicken brain could handle!! And then I look at all the other chick's ATC's and WOWZER!! No trouble at all! Pfffft!! Let's just not talk about it, k?


Ok, so for my ATC, this is what I came up with. Whatcha think? Eh, so-so, right? I dunno, so you hens have to help me on this and tell me where I went wrong. So if I ever decide to make another, maybe I can improve on my design, cuz this just ain't gettin' it for me! LOL!!

So here's what I did:
First, I printed the image quite smaller than usual... Isn't that the BEST thing about digital images? You can ADJUST THE SIZE!! How cool is that? Then I colored the image with my Copics. Since this was an Artist Trading Card, I would assume the point is to trade these with other artists they meet, is that right? Ok, if so, then I thought it should represent ME, or The Spotted Chick. Soooooo, I chose some red polka dot DP and a chick image, this is "Spring Bird on a limb" from Bugaboo Stamps. Ain't she a doll?? Ok, then I paper pieced her dress and her hair bow and started the design of the card. Whooooooaaaaaa, there's NO ROOM!! Holy cow, I cut the card base and then the mat and DP and what's left?? Phoooooeeeee, so I decided to cut the image out. Now I'll let you hens on a little secret of mine, I am NO GOOD at this!! So after she's cut out, I lay her onto the red polka dot paper. Uh, HELLLOOOOOOO!!!! Where'd she go??? Yep, she faded right in. So then I decided to put a mat behind using the Kraft CS again to tie in with the card base but I did add some texture to it with my SU embossing folder. Ok, still too plain for me so I added the ribbon and the little tag and I still was just so-so with it. After 2 HOURS on a project I thought would take about 30 minutes to complete, I gave up!! I guess ATC's just aren't my specialty. *sniff-sniff*

Oh well, that's not to say they aren't for my other DT members though. Wow, they made some AWESOME designs so be sure to head on over to the Catch the Bug challenge blog and check 'em out. Now it's YOUR turn to show me how this is REALLY done. Make an ATC using any Bugaboo image and link it up to the Catch the Bug challenge blog. Not only will you be teaching me a thing or two about creating ATC's, but you could even win some FREE images just for playing. Sound like a plan? Ok, I'll be lookin' for your creation over at the Catch the Bug challenge blog and don't forget to include lot's of instructions for this OLD BIRD!! I need all the help I can get!! LOL!! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Digital Images - Bugaboo Stamps, CS - SU Kraft & Basic Black, Embossing Folder - SU, Flower - Taylored Expressions; Grosgrain Ribbon - Offray; DP - October Afternoon Modern Homemaker; Copics

37 comments:

  1. the chick is verrrrrrrrryyyy cute..love it..your coloring is awesome..if possible could you share the colos u used for the chick..also the colors for your turtle...thks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a cutie! What's not to love? Of course, the "spotted chick" zing might have included a tiny bandage on her arm, a bee in the place of the flower, and the sentiment "love bug." HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is really cute. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's wrong with this ATC? Absolutely nothing - it is as beautiful as all your other cards. Everything ties together perfectly. Love your work Jeannie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanie, this ATC is adorable. I love it. That imge is adorable and I love the embossing on that kraft paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ATC is absolutely adorable!!! I make these all the time and it takes a while to adjust to different sizings :)
    Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This little bug is super sweet! I adore the bg paper & the matching paper piecing. Your colouring of this little guy makes him look as though he could jump right off the card... just perfect. All of the black makes it so defined... I wouldn't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jeanie this is soooo cute!!! I think you did a wonderful job with this one. I like the textured layer you added.....I think it really makes the chick stand out! Awesome coloring as usual!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  9. your being WAY too hard on your self! it looks beautiful! I LOVE the paper piecing! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sweetie this is dead cute ! Gosh I love this digi ! Your paper piecing is fab and I love the embossed background... Just perfect as usual ! Hugs and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe, what a funny image, love your coloring!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just adorable! I love how you off centered this chick and the texture you used too, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this ATC. It doesn't look like you struggled at all. It certainly is a representation of you.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect fit for a card for you! :) Just adorable too!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  15. If this is "rough draft" then I think I'd going to hit my head fainting on the floor when I see the "final draft!" Jeanie, this is wonderful - and has all the great the great details that make you, you! :D MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to adopt him!! He's gonna know if ya don't love 'im...just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so stinkin cute I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know what your talkin' about. This is one of my favorites!! Love the chick, you're amazing! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jeanie, there is nothing wrong with this! Its fabulous!! Love the little dress and bow, so cute! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too stinking ADORABLE. I love it all! Room for improvement? I think NOT !!! You are too hard on yourself.:) Big Hugs Tweety...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this card... what a brilliant image! The colouring is just right!
    Love it!
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute Jeannie! Love the texture behind that cutie chick!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Goodness! You are way too hard on yourself! Adjusting the size is definitely a challenge but this is super adorable!! You get an A+ on this ATC!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your chick, chick!! (Groan, sorry couldn't resist it!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are too hard on yourself...haha I love it! Just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ATC's aren't my speciality, either - too many expectations for too small a space. But, darlin' you nailed it. This is gorgeous and adorable at the same time. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think it is adorable and you did WAAYYY better than I could have! I still do 5x7 cards or 6x6 cause I need the space!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute! I thought you had used burlap as your background so that embossing folder was really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your ATC is absolutely wonderful. I love it, the colors are awesome and your little chick is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think that ATC represents you 100 %! Sooo cuuuteee! Great coloring as usual!
    LouLou

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think this is adorable and there is nothing wrong with it. Perfect coloring and papers also. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think you did a fabulous job, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very cute. I think she's so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This little bird is just so cute. What a great ATC :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh this is super super cute! As tiny as it is you did a stunning job. I love the mat you used behind the image.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think you did an awesome job.
    Love it!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!