Wednesday, November 19, 2014

For Our Lil' Turkey!


Mornin' hens! 
TURKEY FUN FACT #2 - Did you know male turkeys are called "Gobblers" and females are called "Hens".  OMG, how appropriate is that, right??  {{{Snort}}}

Here's another birthday card for Jaxon.  He's 2 months old now.  Can you believe it?  Wow, that went by fast!  Anyhoo, I had to make him a 2 month birthday card AND buy a gift to go with it, right? LOL!  I bought him a sleeper that reads My First Thanksgiving on the front.  It's so CUTE!  I just couldn't resist.  I was originally going to use the turkey that I used on yesterday's card below, but I wanted something a little cuter.  So I pulled out another Paper Smooches set and used the chicken from it and stamped the feather onto different pattern papers behind it.  Of course, it needed a snood (yesterday's fun fact for those of you just joining us), so I drew one freehand, colored it and attached it to his beak.  Isn't it GREAT?  I printed the sentiment onto the yellow DP and then matted the panel with another DP and finally brown cardstock.  I splattered the Kraft Cardstock with some white paint just to give it some interest, and I really love the look it gives.  To finish, I tied on some natural twine, secured with a button, and rounded the corners!  That's it for me today.  I hope you hens have a Tom Turkey Tuesday!!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:


3 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cute!!!!. I love it. I know Jaxson will too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is Toooooo CUTE! Not to mention the nickname Grandmommy and Gunpa! I love it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!