Friday, November 21, 2014

Thankful


Mornin' hens!
TURKEY FUN FACT #3 - Did you know turkeys have great hearing, but no external ears?  They also can see in color, and have a wide field of vision which makes sneaking up on them difficult.  They can run approximately 20mph, and fly 55mph.  Run - Tom - Run!!!

Ok, so I used the same stamp set from Monday and Wednesday for this card too, but I wanted the pilgrim lady to be holding soemthing, so I found this turkey on one of my Whipper Snapper Designs sets and it worked perfectly.  I also wanted to use a new die I purchased from Papertrey Ink recently.  I die cut the word "thankful" from brown cardstock, but stopped short of running the die all the way through the BigShot so the bottom of the word wouldn't cut.  Then I ran the bottom half of the brown cardstock through the Big Shot again using an embossing folder to add some texture.  To finish, I rounded two corners, added a few brads, and tied a bubbly bow with some saddle stitched ribbon.  Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  I hope you hens have a FESTIVE Friday!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:


2 comments:

  1. Love your little pilgrim lady holding the turkey. It'g great that you found the turkey that fits perfectly in her hands. The "thankful" looks great the way you partially cut it. Very creative. TFS
    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!