Monday, November 17, 2014

Let's Gobble Until We Wobble


Mornin' hens!  I'll be sharing my Thanksgiving cards with you this week and next, and I decided to share some turkey fun facts with you too.
TURKEY FUN FACT #1 - Do you know what that little doo hicky is that hangs off their beak?  It's called a "snood".  Hmmm, ya think that's where we get the term "snoody" from?  LOL!!

I only made a few Thanksgiving cards, but guess what?  I LOVE all of them!  Ok, that hardly EVER happens to me.  Is it that way with you?  I guess I'm my own worst critic.  LOL!  Here's the first card, isn't it a riot?  I saw this idea by Emily Leiphart on Pinterest, and couldn't resist giving it try.  You can see Emily's version HERE.   By cutting the polymer between the turkey's legs, you are then able to bend each leg independently and you can make them wobble and dance!  LOL!  I LOVE it!  After stamping the images, I colored my turkeys with Faber Castell Polychromo pencils and wrapped some twine around the middle and secured it with a button.  To finish, I rounded both bottom corners and added some shine to the "snood".  See all the cool things you learn visiting the "hen house"!  Bwah-ha-ha-ha!  Okee dokee that's it for me today!  Have a MAYFLOWER Monday!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:


2 comments:

  1. OMG these turkeys are DARLING. Yep, I usually wobble after the feast! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute row of turkeys. Love how you did the legs.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!