Thursday, November 6, 2014

With Sympathy


Mornin' hens!  I know I've said it before, this isn't the type of card I'm good at making but I was rather pleased with how this one turned out.  I wanted to try die cutting felt so I thought I'd give it a go with these small flowers.


I attempted to die cut them like I would cardstock but it didn't make a clean cut so I used a metal shim plate and that made all the difference in the world.  Perfectly clean cut with no frayed edges. I freehand cut the flower centers and used some gold embroidery thread to sew the two pieces together.  I added some thin strips of cardstock on both the top and bottom edge of the DP to complete the clean monochromatic look.  Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  I hope you hens have a TEE-RIFIC Thursday.  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:



2 comments:

  1. Very nice Sympathy card. Thanks for the felt cutting tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the felt flowers. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!