Monday, November 10, 2014

To tell the tooth!!


Mornin' hens!  Isn't this little guy CUTE?  Ya know, when it comes to old people or cute animals, I have a hard time deciding which stamp to use.  LOL!   This card is for my nephew Ryan's birthday.  He's such a sweetie!  It's hard to tell by the photo, but the circles were done using clear embossing paste and a stencil, and then I applied some distress ink on top. It looks just like rings on a tree doesn't it?  I was so excited with how this turned out.  I stamped the image onto another piece of Kraft cardstock and colored it with Faber Castell Polychromo pencils.  To finish, I added some wooden stars, gingham ribbon (from Michaels) and rounded the bottom corners.  Okee dokee that's it for me today!  I hope you hens have a MAH-VELOUS Monday!
{{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:


5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! LOVE that stencil! Looks like you had to d one side and then then the other to create the circle effect. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does look like tree rings... what a Great idea... and you used that beautiful Kraft paper again too.... Can't wait for mine to get here!!
    I must say I just love how you make such Cute cards with young and old alike, and you have a real upbeat blog that I so enjoy visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this I thought the rings where dry embossed. Love the look. What a fun BD card. I do love Kraft paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it does look like rings on a tree. I thought it was dry embossed also. Such a darling card. Love the cute image. Great job my friend.
    This is the first post I have had from you in a while. I don't know why they don't come through. Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love this and ain't that the tooth! (Sorry about the pun), Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!