Saturday, June 12, 2010

Are you a SOCCER NUT??

Well if you are, you already know that the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa kicked off yesterday! My good friend Meahni who lives in South Africa, sent me a few pictures from Johannesburg. Wow, I don't know if I've ever seen SO many people!! She was so excited that her team played well yesterday and tied with Mexico. So, do you know who's playing today??? Yep, the good 'ol USA!! Woo-hoo!!

So with all this going on, how perfect is this week's Catch the Bug challenge theme of,
"Show your team colors!"
To participate, just make a card using either the team colors of the country that you want to win the World Cup, the colors of your national flag, or the colors of your favorite sports team!! Then link your card up over at Catch the Bug and you might just be the lucky winner of some FREE Bugaboo Stamps images. Woo-hoo!!

Now for my challenge card, I'm supporting both my country in the World Cup, and I used the colors of our flag. I would so LOVE for the USA to do well in the World Cup! Red, White and Blue are the colors of our flag, so I tied those colors into my card using some DP from K & Co's Sleep Tree collection, and used one of yesterday's Freebie Friday images too. Isn't this little soccer nut some kinda cute? I printed the image on some Kraft CS, then I cut him out with my Exacto knife and ran it through my Cuttlebug using the "mesh" embossing folder. Sometimes your feel like a nut, sometimes you don't! LOL!! He looks just like a nut, don't he??? Bwah-ha-ha-ha!! I'm thrilled with how this card turned out and I LOVE being able to show my support of our country's team today. Go USA!! Be sure to leave a cluck below and let me know what you think and don't forget to pop over to Catch the Bug and get ready to feast your eyes on lots more FABBY ideas to get your SPORTS MOJO up and running!! Have a SUPER SATURDAY! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Digital Image - Bugaboo Stamps; DP - K & Company; CS - SU Very Vanilla & Kraft, Choice Buttercream; EK Success Border Punch; Button; Twill

20 comments:

  1. Love the texture in the peanut! Cute card. And another bowless one to boot! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie--that was brilliant to run the soccer nut through your cuttlebug. Your card is beyond adorable! I love it (and I don't even like soccer!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea about running the nut through a cuttlebug. I have an idea on making ATCs and this technique would be brill, I hope you don't mind if I borrow the idea
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positively ADORABLE!! Who could resist a nut that looks like this =) Super cute layout!
    I love how you made the nut look real. Great idea to print the image on different color cardstock and run through Cuttlebug. I need to try this tech sometime. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love it! downloaded my digi yesterday,would never have thought about embossing that nut,how brilliant is that! all I need now is a mesh embossing folder............x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanine, I love your card I love how you pieced your penut and embossed it veyr cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card. Love the way you did the Soccer nut with the texture. Great job. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely adorable card! That little nut is the cutest thing. You are so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I totally need to make this for my brother - seriously he & I watched the South Africa - Mexico game together while on the phone yesterday - he is so excited BUT we will be cheering for England Hon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fab footie card!!!
    hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card! I love what you did with the peanut! fabulous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The embossing makes the nut just perfect Jeanie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, Chicken..this is a GREAT card! Love the nut, love the idea you gave us... did I already say you rocked? hehe I will say it again! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is that!!! I'm not a soccer fan but that is adorable :) Go USA is right! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute & very creative & clever... love the peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great boy card!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  17. O. . .M. . .G!!! How do you do keep doing it Jeanie?!?!? I cannot get over how clever embossing the peanut is!!! You're simply brilliant Jeanie!!! :D MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the nut. The skinny arms and legs just add to the cute. I like the finish the border punch gives the bottom of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look how clever you are again. I was like, what, how did you get that nut to look so real, then I read your post! Great card, but I'll be shouting for Bafana Bafana - South Africa of course. Never thought I could enjoy soccer this much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. He looks just like a peanut! So cute.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!