Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients Challenge


Hello there!! My card today features the June Key Ingredients kit from Taylored Expressions.

Key Ingredients are card kits available through Taylored Expressions as a monthly subscription service. The kits can be purchased in 3 or 6 month subscriptions and include cardstock, patterned paper, ribbon, and lots of fun embellishments, enough to make up to 16 cards. How cool is that? Just think, no more shopping from store to store, trying to find the right color of cardstock or ribbon to match your paper, just sit back and relax and PRESTO, it's all done for you! You can read all about the subscription details HERE.

The June Key Ingredients has DP from October Afternoon's Fly a Kite collection. Ahhhh, I just LOVEEEE October Afternoon!! This paper is so pretty!! Anyhoo, this month's KI challenge was to create your own flower embellishment from the kit. Actually, this challenge proved fairly simple for me. The little die cut flowers, paper flowers and buttons are all part of the June KI kit, so building the flower from these elements was really easy. I started with the polka dot pink DP from the kit and matted it with both the Choice Buttercream and the Red CS from the kit and stitched around the edges. I placed the die cut flower stems behind the grass that I cut from the green CS from the kit and built the flowers on top. I stamped the sentiment from the Garden Party Blooms set and cut it out with my Nesties and threaded the twill ribbon through both ends. I finished by adding twine to the buttons and placing them over the ribbon ends and also in the center of each flower. Simple but cute, huh? Don't forget to check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen DT participating in the challenge and as an added bonus, we've also linked to several current KI subscribers who are participating in this month's challenge, as well. If anyone knows how super cool these kits are, it's these gals! Okee dokee, that's it for me today, be sure to leave a cluck below and let me know what you think! {{{hen hugs}}}

TE Baker's Dozen DT -
Taylor VanBruggen; Alex Maldonado; Sankari Wegman; Jackie Pedro; Karen Motz; Carolina Buchting

Current Key Ingredients Subscribers -
Rosie Huges; Candace Mitchell; Lisa Hjulberg; Stacey Schafer; Cassandra Trask; Colleen Begley; JoAnn Valderama; Tracy Clemente

Supplies: Rubber Stamp - Taylored Expressions; All supplies from the June Key Ingredients Kit; Twine; Nestabilities

17 comments:

  1. This card is adorable! Love your trio of flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great kits. Fun card. Love the flowers. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Polka Dots.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. Love the die cut flowers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darling, Jeanie! love your sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The grass is really pretty! Love this colorful card.
    Lucy Lam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh...this card makes me happy just looking at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my heck!!! L♥VE what you did with this month's kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Can't wait for my first KI to arrive at my door!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute, Jeanie! I love the little garden you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jeanie,

    This is such a pretty card. I love the reds and yellows together. I may have to borrow your idea.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is simply adorable Jeanie!! LOVE the way you did the sentiment with the flanking buttons and I adore those sweet little flowers all in a row!!! so sweet!
    Big hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how yummy is this!! Love the pink polka dotted paper and those flowers are so cheery!! :) Just so cute!!!!
    xxx
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done, this is great, I would've made something really aweful if I had to attempt this! Now I am frozen, and will have to run up and down the stairs to warm up, rofl! (moan, moan, moan.. I know....)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like this one a lot! Very summer-y!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!