Friday, June 4, 2010

Here comes Summer...


... but these gals aren't waiting!!! Shoot, they're already enjoying their little summer treats! A triple scoop ice cream cone, a juicy slice of watermelon AND a twin popsicle too!! SHUT UP! Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!! Yum!!
Yep, you guessed it.. today's Bellarific Friday theme is "Here comes Summer"!! Did you hens play along this Friday? Ooooh, I hope so. I LOVE to look at all those fabby creations over at Bloggabella each Friday.

Ok, so for my little summer card, I used "Turtle Tots Summer Girls" from Stamping Bella. I stamped the gals onto some Choice Buttercream CS and colored them with my Copics. I added some grass at their feet trying my bestest to follow Paulabella's grass tutorial. She's SO talented!! If you'd like to see her tutorial on this technique, I've included a link to it HERE. Ok, so I matted the image with some SU Real Red CS and stitched around the edges. This DP is from October Afternoon's Fly a Kit collection and I matted it with some SU Very Vanilla punched with my Martha Stewart "Pinking Scallop" border punch along the bottom. I added the pretty red grosgrain ribbon and a little clear glaze to their treats with my SUPER DUPER NIFTY NEAT glaze pen that my sistah Paulabella sent me. Mwah! to Paulabella for sending the Chicken goodies! Ok little hens, that's it for me today, I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend! Maybe even add in a sweet treat or two!! Mmmmm - mmmm!

The Bella Babes have the next two Fridays off, as Emily enjoys her vacation abroad!! But we'll be back on the 25th using this wonderful sketch from Jodibella!! Isn't it SUPER?? Ok, so you hens have lots of time to make a card!! Woo-hoo!! Can't wait to see what you come up with. Don't forget to check out the rest of the Bella Babes and the sistahs over at Bloggabella for their take on "Here comes Summer" theme.

Also, I'm dying to see lotsa hens participate in my TKT challenge this week. Just enter your card using Mr. Linky on my June 3rd post below and YOU could be the next KRAFTY CHICK!! {{{hen hugs}}}

Oh - Oh, one last cluck before I leave you today. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I've started my own Etsy shop. You can click on the link to it from my sidebar on the right >>>
Most of the cards featured this week are still available. Cluckity cluck!!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Stamping Bella; CS - Choice Buttercream, SU Very Vanilla & Real Red; Copics; Martha Stewart Pinking Scallop Border Punch; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Glaze Pen

18 comments:

  1. Hey, are we sharing a brain with this image??? LOVE how you coloured them and added the grass....CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!! The DS paper is fantastic it makes me long for summer - blow some of the sunshine & hot weather my way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these little turtles!!! And that paper is so cute!! Great job on the grass, I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness, Them turtles are CUTE! Sweet summer card to get us in the mood. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those turtle tots are something else!! Oh my goodness, talk about adorable!! And your coloring is im"peck" able!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that there a watermelon.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh....they are PERFECT Jeanie! STUNNING coloring and layout and I just LOVE the papers you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey sistah!! Sweet treats and summertime, lucky you get it allllll year! lol Your gals are amazing and I hope all the new stuff hits ya tomorrow! woohoo, got lots of your cards to catch up on, see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card.. the turtle gals have arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this is so darn CUTE,I adore it and your colouring is BRILLIANT!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card. Love your coloring on the image and that paper is just perfect with it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Utterly gorgeous!! Love the papers and your fab colouring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card, Jeanie! Your coloring is amazing! and I admire all the lil details you've added!
    Very inspiring :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card just swims in summer memories. Oh the days of wearing the 'kini all day and slurping on ice cream. Love your paper combo and again the nice clean lines of the layout. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww they're sooo cute! I love the one with watermelon! Surprise Surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can you say totally adorable!? This is oh so cute, I love it. Love the colours, papers, layour, bow, ALL OF IT!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!