Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Bellarific Birf-day!


It's a Bellarific "Birf-day" Friday!! So who's birf-day is it, you ask? Why it's none other than da Bella herself - Emily! Shhhh! She doesn't know it, but all da Bella Babes fooled her with this week's Bellarific Friday. She thinks she just posting all our cards for this week's sketch by Jodibella (which btw is da bomb!)

Ya think maybe she'll figure it out when she see's all our cards are birthday themed too???? Hmmmm??? ROFL!!! Oh how I LOVEEEE surprises!

Ok, so for my card I decided to use "Cuppacakeabella" from Stamping Bella. Uh yeah, I HAD to use a BELLA image for Emily!! HELLLOOOO? She IS da BELLA!! LOL!! My sistah Paulabella sent me this image a few weeks back in a little goodie package. Paulabella knows how much the Chicken LOVES packages!! (happy dance!) Thanks Paulabella! I can't believe I didn't have this image!! So cute! Ok, so I colored her with my Copics and cut her out with my oval Nesties but leaving her leg extending beyond the cut edge. I used this SUPER CLEVER technique that my BFF Meahni came up with for cutting out an image but leaving some of the image extending outside of the Nestie shape. You can see Meahni's tutorial on this technique HERE. Then of course, I finished the layout following Jodiebella's sketch using this great DP from SEI's Happy Day collection, which is perfect for a birthday card. After I was all done, I decided my image needed a little something else, so I decided to try Crissy Armstrong's dot technique around the image. You can see Crissy's tutorial HERE. I fell in LOVE with Shannon's card from yesterday's TKT winners, where she used this technique around her lions. So, I thought I'd give it a try. I need to practice more but I rather like the look!! I LOVE trying new things! Ok, that's it from the hen house today. Hope you hens all have a FABULOUS FRIDAY and be sure to fly on over to Bloggabella and check out what the other Bella Babes have in store for the birf-day girl! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Stamping Bella; CS - Bella's Bestest Paper, SU Chocolate Chip; DP - SEI Happy Day; Copics; Nestabilities; Glamour Dust; White Gel Pen

13 comments:

  1. This has got to be my most favourite card of the week!! That cupcake looks simply good enough to eat!!!!!!I've had a go at this spotty technique,time consuming but very theraputic lol! Have a great day,Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card. It's sooo girly, I'm sure Emily will love it. The colors are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!!! What a great surprise!!!!!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet/Love that leg beyond the oval. Tricky. Yummy cupcake too. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Just wanted to thank you for all the GREAT links you provided us with! I'm going to have to try some of these techs!! THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card and a great birf-day surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super fun card! Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, this Bella's a spotted chick just like you!!! She's GORGEOUS and I love the effect of that dotted background technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, wonderful! Love the dots around the image...great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card, Jeanie!! Love the colors you used too. Can't wait to try this technique!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the background (especially because there's orange!!) What a stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Jeanie! This is fabulous!!!! Love the fun papers and your dotted background is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Genius, forcing an image into an oval shape! I must remember that next time I'm stuck. Love the dots, I am going to check out that tutorial now.
    Beautiful card too, in case you thought I forgot, rofl.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!