Saturday, June 26, 2010

WILD about you!


Hey there! Are ya wore out from all that hoppin? Not to worry, you can rest up and sit a spell right here in the chicken coop with da rest of da hens! LOL! If you've just happened upon my blog today, be sure to start back at JODIE's blog so you don't miss any lovin'!

This week's Catch the Bug challenge theme is "love is in the air". How suh-weet!! Now this theme is pretty wide open... it could be a wedding, anniversary or even a friendship card. Ok, so I decided on an anniversary card for my DH. Our annivesary is next month, so this was a perfect challenge for me.

I began with one of the giraffe blocks named "two love" from Bugaboo Stamps. I printed them on some Choice Buttercream CS and colored them with my Copics. This DP is from DCWV Safari collection and I thought it went PERFECT with this image. I matted the image with some SU Chocolate Chip CS and stitched around the edges. I punched the bottom edge using my SU scalloped border punch and added the computer generated sentiment to the side. I finished with this cute brown saddle stitched ribbon and added a button in the center. Okee dokee, that's it from the hen house today. I hope you hens all have a fabby weekend. It's time to fly the coop now and visit SHEILA. I'm sure she has some LOVE to share with ya too....... {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Digital Image - Bugaboo Stamps; CS - Choice Buttercream, SU Chocolate Chip; DP - DCWV Safari; Copics; SU Scalloped Border Punch; Brown Saddle Stitched Ribbon; Button; Twine

36 comments:

  1. Everything is just so perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always--perfect!!!!! Love your chose of papers--and the layout. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic Anniversary card. Love those cute giraffes. I even have some grosgain ribbon with a girrafe spot print! Fun stuff. Have a relaxing weekend. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - the DP are great! Such a very complete card!

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to Cute!!! I LOVE this card. Perfect as always

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This is just GORGEOUS Jeanie!! I LOVE the dsp and the layout is just fabulous!! You ROCKED this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Jeanie. The paper is gorgeous & I love how you've put it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card. Love the coloring and this is great for the hop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very awesome!!! I love your card and paper you used!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this, Jeanie! That image is so cute and I love the patterned papers and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeanie - I love this -- the papers are so perfect and I just love that little border of animals. A sweet anniversary card for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Was thinking of buying this digi, but just wasn't sure what to do with it. This came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent card. I love this image and what you have done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything about this card is perfect,great chose in paper and color, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing as usual! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the jungle feel to this card! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are super talented! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card. Everything about it is just perfect, the papers, the image, and your bow. My anniversary is next month also.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bwauk, bwauk....a wonderful card for an anniversary!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow!!! this is amazing! it is perfectly put together!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW,what a great card. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really cute card. I do like these giraffes even though the characters are my favorites. Thanks for sharing your card with us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!! I love your card!!! Everything is perfect from the stitching to the sentiment!!! LOL!! Yes funny how we both went with this image!!! But your is 100% perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How sweet are those two. I love giraffes! Wish I had one. Love your card, and this would be such a nice idea for a couple who do a lot of outdoors stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely AMAZING......love the papers,LO,everything!!! Perfect!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww... check out this pair of lovebirds in the jungle!!! Hehe!!! A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This card is just adorable. Everything you used coordinates so well. Thanks for sharing and I'm sure your DH will love this card. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fantastic card Jeanie ! The image is so so sweet and I adore your DP ! The border looks stunning ! Love it love it love it ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  29. This would also work for a earth day card also. A great job!!!!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  30. Too cute and the papers are perfect for that image!!!!
    btw...happy Anniversary next month!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. O E O E O. . .Jungle love! I think I wanna know ya'!!! So fan-freakin' tastic Jeanie - I just love her single little pea-pickin' detail of this card! :D MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow!! I just love this! The colors and papers are perfect... so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my your card is just fabulous!!! Love the papers, image and just everything about your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Now I'm just hopping around and this is soooo freakin' cute!! I so wanna just go home and color now!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!