Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TE Sneak Peek - Day 1


Hi there!! I'd like for you to meet Emily!! I don't think I've ever introduced da hens to my little baby, so in honor of today's SPECIAL sneak peek, here she is!! The one and only, SPOILED TOTALLY ROTTEN Emily!! So you're probably wondering what does Emily have to do with today's sneak peek?? Well, today the Baker's Dozen will be featuring sneak peeks from the new set "Pet's Place" so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to show you my little baby. OMG!! Wait til' you see this set. I'm such a sucker for anything with animals, and this set even has an added bonus that makes it SUPER SWEET, and I know you hens will think so too!!

Here's why... Taylored Expressions supports various charities through the TE Giving Tree Program, and a new stamp set is introduced every 3 months to support a new charity. This quarter, the TE Giving Tree Program will be supporting The Humane Society of the United States. The Humane Society of the United States is the nation's largest and most effective animal protection organization. The HSUS seeks a humane and sustainable world for all animals—a world that will also benefit people. They are America's mainstream force against cruelty, exploitation and neglect, as well as the most trusted voice extolling the human-animal bond. HSUS is also the lead disaster relief agency for animals, and they provide direct care for thousands of animals at sanctuaries and rescue facilities, wildlife rehabilitation centers, and mobile veterinary clinics. Read more about HSUS here.

Pet's Place will be available in the TE Store on Friday morning at 11 am EST. $7 from the sale of each set will be donated to HSUS. Please remember that sets in the Giving Tree Program are the same high quality deeply etched pink rubber on EZ Mount as all other TE stamp sets, however unlike other TE sets, you will need to trim these images yourself. This allows for lower production costs and more to be donated to the charity.


For my first card today, I used this week's Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #115 and one of the cute little pooches in the Pet's Place set. Aint' he cute?? In addition, I'm also featuring the Pet's Place Project Pantry as well. This kit includes the DP from the Basic Grey Max & Whiskers collection. OMG, I SO LOVE this collection!! The colors are just so earthy and ya'll know that's right up my alley!!You can purchase the Pet's Place Project Pantry with the Pet's Place stamp set for only $44.90, or without the stamp set for $22.95. The kit includes enough supplies to make anywhere from 12-20 cards!! What a deal, not to mention helps out a great cause when you add the stamps!! Mwah to all da hens who help da lil' animals!! Woo-hoo!

Ok, so I stamped my little pooch onto some Choice Buttercream CS and colored him with my Copics. I stitched around the edges of the image and the DP. I used this super cute new EK Success "Paw Print" border punch along the top and bottom of the matted image and added some brads to finish. I just LOVE how this turned out!


For my second card today, I used another image from the Pet's Place set and the Pet's Place Project Pantry too! Check out this little fish's lips and eyes!! Oh man, is he a hoot or what?? I LOVE this sentiment too! Just perfect for a thank you card, don'tcha think? Ok, so I stamped him onto the Choice Buttercream CS, colored him with my Copics, and stitched around the edges. I placed the little brads in each corner to make the image pop and finished with the ribbon and sentiment at the bottom. Ok, that's it for me today. I hope you've enjoyed my first day of sneak peeks. Be sure to check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen for some more great ideas using this set and the Project Pantry too! Leave a cluck below and let me know what ya think! {{{hen hugs, oh and pet hugs too!}}}

TE Baker's Dozen DT -
Taylor VanBruggen; Jodi Collins; Karen Giron; Melissa Sauls; Donna Baker; Charmaine Ikach; Alex Maldonado; Sankari Wegman; Jackie Pedro; Karen Motz; Carolina Buchting; Jami Sibley

Supplies:
Stamps - Pet's Place; DP, CS, and ribbon all from the Pet's Place Project Pantry; Copics; Brads; Punches - Ek Success Paw Print & Circle Punches, SU Large Oval and Scalloped Oval; Chalk Ink

22 comments:

  1. Taylor is so darn sweet. Love this set. Your cards are wonderful and your fur baby is darling. Hmmmm, I may have to try to find that paw print border punch. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are SUPER cute, Jeanie! I love the double paw print border with that wiener dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily is adorable!! Love the bangs - haha! Your cards are incredible! The doggie paw punch is soooo perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jeanie - both cards are so FAB! They really show off the stamp set and the Project Pantry! But how can anything compete with that sweet little Emily face???? I just wanna snuggle her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it and can not wait til friday!!!! I love the punch also.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh your cards are delicious ! Love the border with the paw prints : too cute ! And Emily is gorgeous ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. ACK! LOOOOOVE both of these Jeanie!!! GORGEOUS layouts and design! I LOVE Emily too! She is SUPER cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards. Love the design and papers you used. Emily's picture is adorable. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. love these cards.. can't wait to see what the other gals have created. Your work is so inspiring thanks bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your puppy is so cute, Jeanie!! Your cards ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's my little baby girl! She's so sweet. I love the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little Emily is so precious! And your cards are so amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on this set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emily! I haven't seen her in so long it seems! She so cute. I still want one :) The cards are awesome! I love the pets, I need to get those images.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh! HOW adorable are your cards?!? I LOVE the paw print edge punch the way you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! Beautiful card Jeanie!!!

    My daughter & I LOVE Emily!!! She is 9 and SOOO wants a dog, no...now she wants Emily!!! Probably in a few years!! & we love her name!!!
    {hugz}
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh...swoon...Emily has a face that just begs to be spoiled!!! Your cards are wonderful! The layering on the fish image is really clever and different!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful cards, Jeanie and your doggie is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such adorable cards Jeanie and your go is too stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your little girl looks like my little boy, but yours is more petit and has longer hair. SOOOO freaking cute!! Love your pet friendly cards too, great organization!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww...Emily is such a cutie!! And so are BOTH of your cards!! Ahhh...I always love looking at your coloring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aaaah my heart just melts at this post! You are the best! Love your cards, they are simply gorgeous and the fish's lips are the best!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh and Emily is too CUTE! Give her a BIG kiss from me.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!