Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!


Woo-hoo!! It's a birthday potty!! LOL!! I know, it's not a New Year's Day stamp but when I saw all the confetti I thought it was pretty close. Actually, this is my brother's birthday card. Fits him to a tee too!! ROFL!! Teach him to be mean to me!!! Hmmmph!!! Oh, and I have to share with you what I wrote inside... "Whoa, 52 years old! That's a real CRAPPER! Hope your day is a SMOOTHE one!" Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!


Ok, so I started by stamping my image from Whipper Snapper onto some Classic Crest CS and colored with my Copics. This DP is from October Afternoon's Farm Fresh collection. I loved the bright cheery colors and I thought it was perfect for a birthday card and definitely not too girly. I matted the DP with some SU Basic Black CS and used my decorative "stamp" scissors around the edges of the middle piece. Then I stitched around the edges of each and tied on this cute blue ribbon to finish. Be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think.

I have nothing planned for today except to relax and maybe take a little nap. Sounds wonderful after such a busy month. I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Day and a great weekend as well!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Whipper Snapper; CS - Classic Crest, SU Basic Black; DP - October Afternoon; Copics; Stickles; Decorative Scissors; Ribbon - Papertrey Ink

12 comments:

  1. Yea!!! I give to leave the first cluck of the year!!! This card made me laugh!! This image is so cute!!!

    Reminded me of when my son was small, we had friends over and she was orginally from Mexico. (very strong accent) She asked my "newly potty trained" son if he needed to go potty, being the Ninja Turtle fan he was he said, "Ya, let's go Party Dude!" LOL

    Very cute card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very you. Love it!!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so cute. I bet your brother will get chuckle from this one. I love the papers you used and great job on the coloring.
    Enjoy your day, it sounds good to me. I am going to do the same thing.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHMGosh!!! If that isn't the cutest....
    I love your cards and I am looking forward to what you bring to the New Year!

    Keep em comin!
    Kandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFLAO ~ You are certainly getting even! I just turned 53 so I got a year on your Bro! Love the Potty Card. hehe. HAPPY NEW YEAR, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun image and cute card! Love it!!! Hope you got some of that relaxing in today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny. I love the yellow polka-dot paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOH! LOVE this Jeanie!! FAB image and coloring and that paper is my current fav obsession!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny yet festive at the same time! Who wouldn't love a decorated potty! The sparkle just puts it right over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you are just too clever! and I love the sentiment inside, lol!
    Great card, I love the colours you used. Who would've thought of using this stamp, EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! I love your card...and the image is just priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are one funny chick!! You're crackin' me up with this card!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!