Friday, January 22, 2010

It's a Twinchies Bellarific Friday!


What's a Twinchie you ask??? Well, Twinchie Squares are made of museum quality matboard. They have a solid white core and are bright white which makes it well suited for many different mediums including rubber stamping, markers, colored pencil, watercolor paints, etc. It's really great for stamping on and gives a really neat dimensional look to the card. Inchies are 1" squares and Twinchies are 2" squares. Ok, so our Bellarific Friday challenge was to use Twinchies on a card. Well, I was STUMPED because I couldn't figure out what image to use since all of my Stamping Bella images were too big. Hmmmmm, what to do, what to do??? I finally decided on Stella has something to say (my all time favorite Stamping Bella image) and thought I could use the frame around her to my advantage. I masked the bottom edge of the Twinchie and stamped the image on top. Then I removed the mask and using a fine tipped waterproof pen, I finished the frame along the bottom edge to match the top and sides. Pretty clever huh?? See, sometimes my brain DOES work!! I colored Stella with my Copics and matted the Twinchie with some SU Chocolate Chip CS punched with my Marvy scalloped square. This DP is from My Minds Eye and I matted each piece with SU Chocolate Chip and stitched around the edges. The flower is from the punch outs in the DP collection and I added a button tied with twine on top. What, no ribbon??? OMG!! Yeah, I know, I was just about to go crazy not putting any on it but it was only because I couldn't find a place!! ROFL!! I added some brads to the right of the image and added a little punched tag to finish. Ain't she a cutie??? Okee dokee, be sure to leave a comment below and don't forget to hop over to Bloggabella and check out all the Bella Babes' creations using the Twinchies. I hope you have a great day and a SUPER weekend!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Stamping Bella; Twinchies - Stamping Bella; DP - My Minds Eye; CS - SU Chocolate Chip; Punches - Marvy Square & Stampin' Up Border; Brads; Stickles

11 comments:

  1. Very Clever and Very Cute.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, you did have a stamp that fit! Very clever indeed!!! Great card, even without you ribbon, LOL. Have a good day, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it is very clever. I like the way you put the card together and it looks great, even without ribbon. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeannie this is fantastic I love how you used STELLA in the twinchie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is gorgeous. I love my inchies ,maybe I will have to have a go at this.
    Happy weekend love chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this twinchie method. Gotta try it. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's so cute, I love the button with the flower behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, it's so well done all the papers and colours and the shortened Stella is too clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Cleverness Batman!!! My first thought was "I've never seen that Stella", but now I know why, because you created her yourself! Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!