Friday, January 8, 2010

Bellarific Friday is back!!


Yay!!! I just LOVEEE Bellarific Fridays... partly because I totally crave to use my Stamping Bella stamps, AND it's SO neat to see what everyone else has done with them too!! So today's theme was Back to School!! Hmmmmm, well you all know I don't have any little ones but that don't matter none, I can still play like I do!! LOL!! My sistah Babe, Joanne thought it might be nice to use the Green Bean Baby line as part of our Back to School theme, so I decided to ink up Betty the Bookworm. That's me for sure!! She's just the cutest thing! I used this DP from Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday collection because I thought this pink notebook paper was perfect for my school theme. I stamped Betty onto some SU Very Vanilla cardstock and colored her with my Copics. I cut her out with my circle Nesties and matted her with some burgundy cardstock from my paper stash that I cut out with my scalloped Nesties. I matted a striped sheet from the collection with the SU Very Vanilla and then again with the burgundy and stitched around the edges. I used my SU scalloped border punch along the top edge and adhered to the card base with a few dimensionals. I stitched around the edges of the bottom DP as well and tied on this pretty burgundy grosgrain ribbon. Also in the collection, was a sheet with just alphabets, so I cut out the A, B and C and matted them each with some burgundy cardstock, then adhered them to the striped DP on the bottom to complete my "Back to School" theme. Man, I'm glad it's her and not me!! ROFL!! Don't forget to leave a comment below and let me know what you think of her. Oh, and be sure to check out my fellow sistahs over at Bloggabella for more "Back to School" inspiration. Have a great Friday and a super weekend!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Betty the Bookworm from Stamping Bella; CS - SU Very Vanilla, Burgundy; DP - Cosmo Cricket; Nestabilities; Grosgrain Ribbon; SU Scalloped Border Punch; Copics

15 comments:

  1. She's so cute, I love how you used paper that looks like notebook paper for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the cutest bookworm! Just love it.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ranks up there with one of my favorite cards you have ever made!!! TOO CUTE!!! Love the colors and as always...your coloring is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. This is one of my favorites also. Love the papers and that pretty bow. Your coloring is great as always. Have a great weekend.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is super cute! And I love the big ABC letters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeannie we are back to being like minds! Love the ABC's at the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling blog you have!! You are so creative and what fun cards!! I love it. Found you through your guest DT at Taylored Expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOOOOOOOOVE this Jeanie!!! Such fun colors and papers and I LOVE your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card! I love the "ABC's" and your colouring is fantastic!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is cute. perfect for my bookworm friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeanie this is just outstanging!!! The ABC's at the bottom are so cool too, and the cools....sooooo cheery! You da bomb sistah!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. People who read books are fun and cute - I always believed that and here is the proof! I like how you turned the lined paper the other way behind the ABC's. Great choice of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those letters... and well done getting the themse right, unlike mine, lol! This card is so adorable, your colouring is super.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG - this is the cutest card ever! I can't decide what is my favorite thing about it - I think I love everything: paper, coloring, the ribbon, the letters...WOW!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!