Thursday, January 14, 2010

You're such a SWEETIE!!

Guess who this little gift set is for??? YOU!!! Yep, it's my "virtual" THANK YOU for all the sweet comments you leave me each day, and for just visiting my little hen house! *sigh* You guys are the BESTEST!!


This is my submission to the Taylored Expressions' challenge, to create a "food" themed project using the new January Key Ingredients Kit. Ooooooh, now you know I LOVEEE a good challenge, right? Ok, so I immediately grabbed one of Taylor's newest releases, "Sprinkled with Love" for my inspiration. Ahhhhh, me and SWEETS, a match made in heaven!! I decided on a pillow box full of candy and a matching card to go with it. Sounds yummy huh?

I started with the pillow box first. This was super easy and would be great for office gifts or teacher gifts too! Using the DP from the January Key Ingredients Kit, I punched the edges of a 2" wide strip of the pink and brown DP with my SU scalloped border punch and then adhered the cupcake paper on top. I wrapped it around the pillow box and adhered it in the back. Then I tied on this pretty aqua grosgrain ribbon from the kit and filled with my FAV candy, WHOPPERS!! Oh yeah!! Bought an extra box so I could sample, I mean keep my energy up, as I was working!! ROFL!! That's it for the box, super easy right?

This little cupcake stamp from the Sprinkled with Love set works perfectly with the January Key Ingredients Kit! Did I mention these kits are fabulous?? Everything coordinates perfectly together, so NO THINKING REQUIRED!! LOVEEE that!!

Pssst, wanna know a little secret????? Ok, here' s the scoop from the coop!! Effective Monday, January 18th the subscription prices for the monthly "key ingredient kits" will increase. But if you subscribe or renew before Monday, you can get them at the current rate. Even if you're already a subscriber, you can just extend your current subscription. But wait, it gets better!! If you subscribe or renew with the "6 month" subscription, you'll receive an additional kit! One that's not even offered in the TE store!! Woo-hoo!!! Who said us chicks don't discuss SERIOUS bizness in the hen house?? Pfffffftt!!
For more information on the kits visit the brand new Key Ingredients website.

Ok, now for the card details...
I started with the brown CS in the kit and scored for a top fold card. I added the pink and brown print DP on the bottom, then the cupcake DP above with a small piece of the brown CS that I punched with the scalloped border punch in between. Next, I embossed a polka dot border above the cupcake DP with some white embossing powder. I stamped the cupcake image onto the cream CS in the kit and colored with my Copics to match the cupcake on the DP. I added some Colorbox chalk ink to the edges and applied some dimensional pearls and Glamour Dust to make it look SUPER yummy! Using my Nesties, I cut the image out, as well as the mat from the aqua CS in the kit. I stamped the sentiment and cut it out freehand and adhered it under the aqua button. I added the matted image and the sentiment to the card base with a few dimensionals and there you have my cute little "food" themed set!! Pretty SUHWEET huh??? Literally!! Be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think of YOUR virtual thank you gift! *grin*

Okee dokee, that's it from the hen house! Be sure to visit the other gals listed below and see what fabulous "food" themed creations they've come up with.

Have a great day!

Laura Leonard
Lisa Hjulberg
Lynn Mercurio
Randi Barrett
Sunghee Chon
Candace Mitchell
Kathie Bailey
Taylor VanBruggen
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Melissa Sauls
Donna Baker
Charmaine Ikach

Supplies:
Stamps - Sprinkled with Love from Taylored Expression; Copics; Candy - Whoppers: Nestabilites; Glamour Dust; Adirondack Dimensional Pearls in Expresso; CS, DP, Ribbon & Button all from the January Key Ingredients Kit from Taylored Expressions

16 comments:

  1. Love your creations! I especially love the pillowbox packaging. THANK YOU for the sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM, YUM!!! Seriously, I haven't eaten breakfast yet and your post just made me even more hungry...LOL!!! Darling creations and the cupcake your card looks good enough to eat. GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, you are so sweet!! :) What a wonderful set!! I love the colors and papers and image!! And love that pillow box, are those Whoppers in there?! Those are my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!! I love the colors as brown has long been in favorites list of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So yummy CUTE Jeanie!!!! The cupcake is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, thank you. You are so sweeeeet!! Love the card and the pillow box. They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is out of control Jeanie! GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGOEUS color and layout! LOVE these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS!!! I love how it's all so matchy matchy!!! Great job! Now if only you worked in my office! Whoppers sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a terrifically Yummy card! UMM, yumm. Love it!
    cheers,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love how you used the dp with the cupcake and the coloring you did. Just beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So darling!!! I love everything about these little treats - now where did I put all that chocolate - I'm so craving it!!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy, very creative and yummy! Makes me want a cupcake to eat with a side of whoppers. Yum! Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how fabulous Jeanie! I just LOVE the clear pillow box. . .how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute idea with the pillow box, looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple, yet delicious! I like the button holding the sentiment. You picked the perfect chocolate brown paper!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!