Thursday, January 21, 2010

That's Krafty Thursday! #11


Yay!! That's Krafty Thursday's are back!! I SO love my Kraft paper!! Today is kind of a double occasion... it's That's Krafty Thursday but it's also my cousin Debbie's 50th birthday!!! And this is her birthday card. You're probably wondering why I didn't do something making fun of her age (which is SO me) but she's pretty UNHAPPY about the whole thing so I thought I'd better not rub it in. So I decided to harass her in a different way. She HATES flamingos!! ROFL!!! I ordered this stamp just for her birthday way back during the Fall sometime. I couldn't wait to ink it up in her honor!! Bwah-ha-ha-ha! I even went to a tourist store here in Florida and found her a flamingo bookmark to put inside too! Everybody needs a cousin like me, huh?

I stamped the image onto some Classic Crest CS and colored with my Copics. I added some Stickles to the sun and some Crystal Effects to her sunglasses. I matted the image onto some pink CS from my stash and stitched around the edges. I used my Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics stamp and embossed some pink polka dots onto the SU Kraft card base. I just LOVE this DP from Bella Blvd, with it's bright and cheery colors. I matted the DP with the same pink CS and used my SU scalloped border punch along the bottom edge. I tied on this polka dot ribbon from Stampin Up and that finishes up my card for today. Now That's Krafty! Happy 50th Birthday Debbie!!
Be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think. Have a great Thursday!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Whipper Snapper, Papertrey Ink; CS - SU Kraft, Pink; Ribbon - Stampin' Up; DP - Bella Blvd; Versamark Ink; Pink Embossing Powder; Stickles

9 comments:

  1. Hey meanie...this is so cute!!!:) She's gonna love it....and the bookmark too!!!:) Very cute idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, everyone needs a cousin like you. I bet she laughs when she gets this fabulous card! I like the flamingo! Wonderful bright card. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with your cousin. I hate them also, but the card did turn out cute anyway. lol
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love it, love the colours its perfect especially if you like flamingoes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I bet she loves it even if she doesn't like flamingos. I like the way you embossed the pink polk dots on the kraft cs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute; love those polka dots and striped paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Maybe you'll persuade her to change her mind about flamingoes! I have a friend that dislikes ladybugs and her sister tries to hide one somewhere on every card she sends her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Debbie. I just love the little flamingo. I like the pink dots accross the paper also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you're a nutter, getting this image for someone who can't stand flamigos, but what is with that, how can anyone dislike any time of animal :-) The card is gorgeous, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!