Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Patience my foot!!!


ROFL!!! This is one of my Dad's most favorite cartoons ever!! He even has the t-shirt!! When I saw this stamp over at Art Impressions, I knew I had to get it so I could make this card for his birthday. I really struggled with this layout though. I wanted the cloud background to be visible behind them but didn't want them just floating on a branch in the sky either. So I decided on adding the woodgrain DP on either side and I think that sorta grounded the image and I like the end result. I showed it to my hubby and he said, "take that dumb ribbon off!!" You see I listen to him real well!! Phhhhhfffftttt!! It's one of MY cards, therefore it MUST have ribbon!! He not know me vaywee well, do he?? So I stamped my image onto some SU Very Vanilla and colored with my Copics. I cut the image out with my circle Nesties and adhered it with a few dimensionals. The DP is from Cosmo Cricket and I matted it with some SU Chocolate Chip CS that I punched with my Martha Stewart border punch. The top DP is punched with my SU Scalloped border punch. Now I will give my hubby credit for the bones. He said I should add some bones to the side. Yeah, sometimes he gets it right!! So I ran and dug through my punches, found my little bone and punched two out. I added some shading and then TIED ON THIS CUTE LITTLE STRIPED RIBBON to finish!! LOL!! Okee dokee, that's it for me today. Be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think of my feathered friends. Have a SUPER Tuesday!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Art Impressions; DP - Cosmo Cricket; CS - SU Very Vanilla & Chocolate Chip; Punches - Martha Stewart Border, SU Scalloped Border, Marvy bone, Marvy balloon; Ribbon

10 comments:

  1. What a great guy card. Awesome!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A SUPER CARD. I always love coming to your blog as it always makes me smile with your funny little quips and words. I agree with you it needed the ribbon.
    I dont know the cartoon I don't think its one we have here in the UK.
    thanks for making me smile, love chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Thanks for the chuckle. And I like the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, my husband agrees with yours, NO ribbon on guy cards. Maybe he would be happy if it was knotted and not a bow? OMG, love those vultures and the fun bones in the corner. TOO FUNNY. The card is just wonderful. Dad is going to LOVE it, ribbon and all! Happy Tuesday, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious card, love it! The bones were a nice touch too!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These two are just too cute, I love 'em! Great card and the ribbon is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great card! I love the stamp...something my Dad would totally appreciate too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Very creative...and it made me SMILE! Your Dad is going to love it! bow and all! ;) Smiles, Pam :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL My husband would love this! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!