Monday, January 11, 2010

Life is how you BAKE it!!

Bwah-ha-ha-ha!!! Ok, I was feelin' a little CRAZY when I made this card, so just chalk it up to me being up 'til 1:30AM!!! It's been SUPER cold here in Florida (really, no kidding!), so my hubby and I have been drinking lot's of coffee, hence me stayin' up 'til 1:30!!


Yep, I was a little "WIRED", what can I say?? It all started when I was searchin' for some DP to go with my little oven image and I came across this crazy chicken with a surprised look on his face, and I immediately thought of "SHAKE and BAKE!!" Remember those old commercials? "It's Shake and Bake, and I helped!" ROFL!! Ok, you youngsters probably have no idea what I'm talkin' about, but there used to be a Shake and Bake commercial where this little girl would say, "it's Shake and Bake... and I helped!" She had a Southern drawl like you wouldn't believe, so the word "helped" always sounded more like "haaailp't". Anyway, it was a hoot and this little chicken looks like he must've just heard the commercial too!! LOL!!

Ok, so I started by stamping my Bella's Daisy Oven from Stamping Bella onto some SU Very Vanilla CS and colored it with my Copics. I was trying to achieve the old Harvest Gold color for my oven. OMG!!! Do you guys remember those appliance colors??? Seriously, what were we thinking??? Harvest Gold, Coppertone Brown and Avocado Green, holy cow!! Ok - ok, gotta keep on track.... So I grabbed this DP from October Afternoon's Farm Fresh collection and went from there. Doesn't this fruit paper remind you of old kitchen wallpaper? LOL! I matted all but the chicken paper, with SU Real Red and the chicken paper is matted with some Bazzil brown. I used my SU scalloped border punch along the bottom edge and stitched around the edges of each piece. I even stitched on this cute lace trim to the bottom as well. I thought it had a vintage kitchen feel to it. I cut my image out with my circle Nesties and used my scalloped Nesties for the mat. I added some chalk ink around the edges of the image with the die in place and then added the sentiment and ribbon to finish!! Oh, I almost forgot to tell you what I wrote on the inside... "So a little extra "dough" sure wouldn't hurt!" LOL! I thought it would make a great "pick me up" card with a gift card inside. Ok, that's it for me today. I hope you got a good chuckle out of my CRAZY card. Be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think. Have a GREAT Monday!

This week's theme for Bellarific Friday is LOVEY DOVEY for Valentine's Day!! I just LOVE Valentine's Day!! *sigh* Come on and join us this Friday over at Stamping Bella. Hop on over to Bloggabella for all the details. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Daisy Oven and sentiment from Stamping Bella, CS - Stampin' Up Very Vanilla, Real Red and Bazzil Brown; Nestabilities; Twill; Lace; Stampin' Up Scalloped Border Punch

10 comments:

  1. What a great card - very clever and wonderfully crafted. And I DO remember Shake and Bake ads (I'm 66).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I have just found your blog and it is amazing,love all your cards there isn't one that I haven't enjoyed just brill.
    llove chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very 50's or is it 60's. Love it!
    kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your story and card brought back some great memories! My sis and I used to make Shake n' Bake chicken for dinner!LOL AND...we had Avacado Green appliances!!!LOL
    Love your card~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card, Jeanie! It definitely made me smile this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG ... I LOVE THIS... and yes I do remember...LOL !!! So, I am thinking we must be pretty close to the same age. :) (I won't tell if you won't) I had a neighbor that had PINK appliances! I think they must have been BEFORE the green/brown/gold stuff. Ah, the memories. Have a wonderful week, hugs from VERY COLD and SNOWY Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute and I like the sentment you added inside. Also the lace adds a nice touch. I loved those Shake and Bake commercials with the little girl saying "I helped". Thanks for the Memories. Have a great week and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog- have visited a few times and will be coming back a lot. TFS. Love the vintage feel you gave this one- totally digging it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what your talking about. I'm 24 (He he) It's a very cute country card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hands down, lovin all your cards and i NEED this stamp now! WOW, another fab layout! so farm fresh!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!