Tuesday, January 12, 2010

You lift me up!!

I just LOVE these little cupcakes flying in their balloon, don't you?? SUPER DUPER cute! This sweet image is from the Cuppie Love Scenes set from Taylored Expressions newest release.


I started by stamping my image onto some Strathmore CS, colored with my Copics and added some Colorbox chalk ink to blend the image panel with this great DP from My Minds Eye. I paper pieced the balloon and all the DP is stitched onto this GORGEOUS RED CS from the Valentine Key Ingredients Kit. The image is matted with the same CS and I used my SU scalloped border punch along the bottom edge and then stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink and applied white embossing powder on top. I applied Liquid Applique to the clouds around the image and heat set them for some extra cloud fluff! I finished with this great SU polka dot ribbon tied in a sweet bow and there they go.... up, up and away!! Be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think, k? Have a SUPER DUPER Tuesday!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Cuppie Love Scenes from Taylored Expressions; CS - Red from Valentine Key Ingredients Kit from Taylored Expresssions, GP White; DP - My Minds Eye; White embossing powder; SU Scalloped Border Punch; Liquid Applique; Ribbon - SU

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet card!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-Duper uplifting card...hehehe. Love the cloud paper with this image. Perfect. hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. Love the colors and the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! Very uplifting card (tee-hee!) I love the red, it really makes it it pop! Oh wait, don't want it to pop, let me rephrase that! It's a great accent color! That's better, don't want to deflate want to lift up!! Sweet card, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning, I just love you cards.
    from Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally ADORE this Jeani!! FAB layout and I LOVE the pieced balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you used the same DP on each layer...it looks like the image is actually floating towards me. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so super cute! love your paper-piecing & sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, I just love these little cuppies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Jeanie, love the colours, the layout, the paper... can you tell I like everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can not tell you how this color combo is just one of my favs...it always looks so fresh. Man, gonna borrow this layout too...you rock!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!